Exercising with limited mobility or strength

Thanks for the welcome, and I am happy to be a part the community. I was diagnosed with stage IV cancer and it’s an unknown source that has matasazied to both lungs and my sacrum…I have been blessed thus far to be around very positive supportive people. This app has made the process so much easier to get thru the meds, because I was struggling.
I would also like to know if anyone knows of a good way to exercise when you are limited, because I am losing muscle strength f
@ this point?

7 Likes

I wish I had Rhonda’s outlook on life even though has has a big hurdle in life she is strong. praying for all of the people on here that have great supportive information.

4 Likes

Does your insurance have silver sneakers program? Find a gym that accepts silver sneakers. I have limited mobility and use a walker. I have been going to anytime fitness for two years. Love getting out of the house and doing exercises I didn’t believe was possible

4 Likes

I like Aqua therapy in the pool and you also can do exercise in a chair go on YouTube and you could do it with the television. I’m not just telling you this I’m listening to it myself I need to do it

6 Likes

Lou Garrison Disease too

1 Like

On channel 8 they have an exercise program called sit and be fit
It could probably help

3 Likes

I will pray for you. There is a DVD out from a PBS show called " SIT AND BE FIT" that is good. It is a good start, low pact, geared to strengthening seniors and you could increase the resistance when you get stronger by adding light weights and/or fitness bands.Hope this helps you fight the good fight.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you mean Lou Gehrig’s disease.

1 Like

What network? Channels are different in different places, and channel 8 in your city is probably not the same as channel 8 in Rhonda_69’s.

1 Like