Double beat feeling

This is like the 5th time in less than 6 months, where for no reason it feels like my heart is double beating and is going to jump out my chest. The event lasted about 7 to 10 minutes, hard to breath, dizzy, weak. Following this, I felt like I have ran a sprint, just want to sleep now.

Told my doctor, but now that I have Medicaid I get no response. Concerned, confused, anxiety is now at high and scared.

4 Likes

Go to a cardiologist. They can help you get it figured out. I have the same intermittent problem too…

5 Likes

Thank you, I am getting a referral today.

2 Likes

Had same feeling. Turned out I have afib. Under control with meds.

3 Likes

Randy I have that. My dr sent me to a cardiologist and he diagnosed AFIB. If your dr does not listen you need a new dr. AFIB can be treated. And you will learn to live with it. When mine is bad I have learned to rest. It helps.
Let me know if you get to a cardiologist I care.

4 Likes

Find a doctor who will take Medicaid and “Listen.”

3 Likes

@Randy
You may have AFIB. Continue to ask your dr about it. It is also possible that you have premature ventricular contraction syndrome. I have both and I can feel it when it happens.
You are not crazy. You have to be your own advocate. Do not give up. It can be dangerous if not treated.
Praying for you.

1 Like

Keep on you doctor about it. I had to keep on my doctor about the heart fluttering too. Or you can go to ER with it each time so its on record. It took me about 8 mths to gey anything done about it.

3 Likes

This sounds like a Super Ventricular Tachycardia, though without an exam at the moment of your issue, it’s impossible to know for sure. Please don’t let this go without seeing a doctor.

3 Likes

I’m new to this, but, Randy, if need be, go to the ER. I’ve had chest pains in the past, bronchitis, bad cough, inflammation in the rib cage. always something, and lots of indigestion. Earley in March went to visit kids in VA, was talking Prilosec. Could hardly take 10 steps, chest pain couldn’t breathe. They took me to the ER. Fluid on the lungs, after test, Congestive Heart Failure. CHF is no joke. I just moved to Clay county. No primary doctor let alone a cardiologist so I’m in the market for both as I’m trying to get myself better. Sometimes the stress makes the pain unbearable but we all have to take care of ourselves

1 Like

Supraventricular tachycardia does not go away on its own nor is it a mild event that drags on for days. When I had my SVT, it felt like someone hit me in the chest with a sledge hammer. I couldn’t breathe and my heart rate was over 200+. Had to call paramedics who stopped my heart and restarted it to reset the normal rhythm. By the time we got to the ER, everything was back to normal.

1 Like

Right. When I had mine, I had to go to the emergency room and have medicine pumped into my arm that cut my heart rate in half. It sucked and I will be on meds for the rest of my life. My heart was racing at 148, and it felt like I was going to die. I was short of breath and felt like I was running a marathon. It wouldn’t stop without meds either.

1 Like

Actually, my blood pressure dropped to 100/50 and my pulse was registering 200+. The lower my blood pressure went the higher my pulse went. My chest felt like I had something crushing all the air out of my lungs. And my EKG in the ambulance registered I was having a myocardial infarction.

1 Like

Make sure your potassium and magnesium is in order. They can cause hard palpitations if the numbers are not right

1 Like

Thank you I have a primary doctor visit next Monday April 29. I will ask them to run an electrolyte when they draw blood for my A1c and lipid panel.
I think the electrolyte level needs checked because I started to have horrible foot and toe cramps.
With everyone’s helpful suggestions we can all get good care by asking our doctor all the right questions.

1 Like

Randy
Did you see your doctor. I have not noticed you on here since your first post.
Please let us know you are well or not.
I know it sounds crazy since I never met you. But I am concerned about that
Hugs and praying for you.

Yikes! Sorry to hear about that. Hope you are doing ok now. Huge hugs ❤️

The cardiologist said it was caused by my electrolytes being off, ie potassium and magnesium. I’ve had four more events since the initial svt. The second one I had syncope and fell here at home. I’m taking my prescribed potassium and magnesium like clock work. However, I’ve since learned the way to make them stop without having to call an ambulance, and I’ve learned how to tell when one is coming on so I can intervene early. I have an appt with my endocrinologist Thursday.

Ask for referral to cardiologist.

Hi everyone,
Thank you all for the insight and the hugs and prayers, pretty sure it helped. I did and am seeing a cardiologist. We have done a fitness test( I hate them). My heart seems to be all good.
I just learned today I am Type II Diabetic. So it is very possible the other is a result of a change taking place on the inside.

I have to start insulin tonight. They said my a1c was 13 and sugar was 216.
Honestly I am lost. But this is for a different area.

Thank you all again so much.