Does it always change?

Hello Everyone,

I have been watching carbs like a hawk, both my wife and I, and none of the meals exceed 55 carbs, no matter which meal it is.
One morning my BS is 113 and the next it is 237. Both evenings I had 1 unit (10ml) of insulin. The next day my BS was at 121, so I am not sure as to what could be the issue.
I know I am in constant pain, due to nerves and spinal cord being crushed inside my spinal column. I avoid taking a pain pill until I am at a point just short of going to the ER, then I will take a pill. But normally I just try to sleep through it and hope when I wake up, that it’s gone.
I know just before the reading went whacky, I had some really sharp pains on the right side of my chest area and about 3 ribs up or so. Felt like a sharp poke a few times then would stop for a bit, then had a few more throughout the day. I haven’t had any for 2 days now. Just wondering what it could be, I don’t want to ask Dr. Google

Guess my question is, is it commonplace for Type II to do this up and down roller coaster? Cuz I been on this ride since July of last year or decade if you will.

Thank You for any feedback

Randy

3 Likes

I have blood sugars ranging from 98 to 123.,type 2 diabetic
When I get stressed out my sugars go up to like 158.

Only time I’ve had 300-400 blood sugar is when they put me on a steroid for messed up lung infection. Came off that in 2 days sugars went to normal… I’m on Juniva and metformin…so I don’t count carbs and eat carbs…I don’t know why your sugars are so flip flop…talk to a nutritionist…see if they can help you.

2 Likes

Pain Mon and stress can increase your blood sugar readings.

2 Likes

yes pain medication can make it go up, And I also have rheumatoid arthritis So I usually take 3 pills A-day for pain.

1 Like

Oh my I see they had you on a steroid. That would s the worst. My doctor told me to be kind to myself when under stress and to not put additional stress on myself by worrying about blood sugar spikes. You seem to be doing well so just keep it up.

1 Like

Start recording your sleep and stress levels. This is a common reason for fluctuations. As always, talk to your doctors.

2 Likes

Hi Randy, I’m sorry you’re going through stuff baby. roller coasters have been a part of my daily routine unfortunately. And I don’t understand why when nothing has changed. I’m attaching a picture of what a dietitian gave me that I tape on my cupboard. She says that you cannot go past 46 carbs per meal. Carbs are my trigger food much more so than sugar. Good luck my friend I hope this helps.

1 Like

That is way too many carbs in a day.that is a very outdated diabetic way of eating. Do clean eating with no processed foods. I started eating this way and my a1c was 5.9 at my last check up.

2 Likes