Does anyone listen to NF? I think he is AWESOME!

In his songs he talks about the different ways he suffers from his mental health issues, like hearing voices ("Leave Me Alone"alin), and OCD and depression and talks about his thoughts on suicide. He is considered a Christian rapper and he uses no cuss words, put downs or trash talk AT ALL.
In the song, “Nate” he has a conversation with a young version of himself. I saw an interview When he described how that song came about: how when he was in therapy, he had to do an exercise where they sat across from an empty chair and had to picture a young version of himself and actually talk to the chair as if he was actually talking to the boy-version of himself or his inner child. He tells himself of what it is like to be him as an adult and explains some things he has been through between the age of the boy and himself as an adult.
Although his music is kinda dark and would be depressing if it wasn’t for the fact that I really relate to much of what he describes as him experiences. He just came out with his newest album which is called “The Search”.
Back in 2017, I fell in love with his song “Let You Down” but until just a few days ago I had not heard anything else from him. His new song, “Leave Me Alone” came up as a recommendation from YouTube. When I listened, I KNEW EXACTLY what he meant when he grabbed his head and yelled, “leave me alone!” Because I too have had the voices fill my head and I have done my share of screaming at them to just LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

I VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND that anymore who wants to see an artist who really is just like many of us out there who are battling mental health issues!!! Through his music, he shows that you really can still have a halfway “normal” life when mentally ill and proves that you don’t have to give in to it and shows that shouldn’t let the (illness) beat us because he is still going strong and working on his own issues little by little.

6 Likes

What’s the guys name?

1 Like

Wow!!! Very relatable songs!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing

2 Likes

NF TYPE it in pulls right up

1 Like

He is very relatable, how I feel alot! So much I want to say but takes so much out of me. In a place I’ve never been mentally, hard to be vulnerable so I bottle it up. No one to tell literally. Thanks again

1 Like

NF is Nathan Feuerstein. AND He’s only 28 now.

1 Like

You’re VERY welcome!!! I had heard (and FELL IN LOVE WITH) “Let You Down” back in 2017. Although I did not actually hear it until December (it was released on 9-15-17), it fit how I felt and said what I really wanted to say to my husband. But I wasn’t given tweehe opportunity to hear any of his other songs until last week. I was looking at YouTube videos and one of his new songs showed up as a recommendation. So I clicked on it and once again, I fell in L-O-V-E with his song!!! I ended up spending the rest of the night just listening to most of his music!!! (I’m STILL behind because the album “The Search” was released on 7-26-19.) My FAVORITES from his new album is: 1. “Leave Me Alone” 2. “My Stress” and 3. (A tie) “Nate” and “Time”.

I love how the video for “Leave Me Alone” shows him grab his head when he starts screaming “leave me alone” because I’ve been there myself!! I KNOW EXACTLY how that feels when the voices start screaming and you want to just shut them up and make by them leave you alone!!!

1 Like