Diagnosed with Shingles

I am in the drying state of them now and wondering if I can stop med? I am taking acyclovir

6 Likes

Take all medications that are advised. Even though you may be feeling better and that you don’t need it, you need to realize that it was the medication that made you feel better. You may still have issues that you cannot see. Good luck to you I know it’s very painful. God bless

6 Likes

I had Shingles once on side of my face and hair. Since then I received a Shingles Vaccine. Now I will never get the Shingles ever again. My mom had it all of her life and suffered alot.
Please call your doctor and ask about it.

6 Likes

Ok thank you I will

3 Likes

You are no longer contagious

2 Likes

Check with your doctor. I always say come off all meds because they are bad for you. A doctor can determine how far along you are.

3 Likes

No one catches it. If you had the chickenpox, then the virus is inside of you! It sets dormant inside of you and then when you are older it can come out as Shingles. Once you have Shingles then they can keep breaking out. Anytime My Mom got nervous she would break out in Shingles. Now if you get the Shingles Vaccine you now won’t get the Shingles at all.

3 Likes

My son, now 22, contracted shingles after getting the chicken pox vaccine at age 8. Just months before his 10th birthday he was diagnosed with juvenile or type 1 diabetes. So, because he got a state required vaccine, he is now on an insulin pump and will have to deal with diabetes the rest of his precios life!!

1 Like

I have it on face check bone or jaw

2 Likes

The varicella-zoster virus is contagious and can cause chickenpox in susceptible people/children. The shingles vaccine (Shingrix) is NOT 100% effective/protective so you can still get shingles even if vaccinated.

3 Likes

If were me, I would take the medication as directed. Any questions about stopping treatment I would direct to my physician or the nurse; a phone call should suffice.

4 Likes

You won’t be able to get the Shingles Vaccine while you have an active case. You also need to take or apply the medication that you were prescribed. If you stop early the disease won’t be fully defeated.

Questions like these are best answered by your Physician or, even better, by the Pharmacist. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain by being truthful with you about your medication/s. Your can even speak with them about any supplements you are taking and the effects that they might have on your prescription/s.
I hope that I have been helpful. Many blessings.

2 Likes

I dont have an active case now just got over it

1 Like