Desert Storm Vet

Hello, I am new here. Thanks for the invite. I intend to contribute in the days to follow. God willing. Everyone please stay safe.

6 Likes

Yes you too…

1 Like

I too am a Desert Storm Veteran and a Navy retiree. I ended up on C-Pap about 5 years after Desert Storm due to sleep apnea. It nearly got me discharged at 15 years, but I fought it and was able to retire in 2002 after 20+ years. I now suffer from chronic back pain, peripheral neuropathy, GERD, PTSD/DEPRESSION, obesity, Visceral Hypersensitivity, plantar fasciitis with Heel Spurs, bad knees with bone spurs, osteoarthritis, and occasionally migraines. I am fairly certain that I can attribute my neuropathy, Visceral Hypersensitivity, GERD, and sleep apnea to my time in Desert Storm. Do you have similar issues?

5 Likes

Hello, I would like to welcome you and thank you for your service.
Ever need to talk to someone or advice…
Someone here can help.

2 Likes

Thank you for your service. My families military service goes back to the Revolution. My mother had a DAR plaque which my daughter now has. Service has gone down to my son and includes my deceased mother and myself.

2 Likes

Yes, I stayed in for 13 yrs. I am 60% service connected. I am currently working to have that increased. I certainly suffer from sleep apnea and depression. I get migraines from time to time and on top of that I have transient Global Amnesia. I have extreme anger management issues along with constant sciatica in my left leg. I have been issued a service dog. The dog really helps. When I get upset and start going into a rage the dog senses that and will start to bark and try’s to deescalate my feelings. I’m pretty fucked up. But I am hanging on by the grace of God. So hang in there my friend. If you ever need to talk or vent. I am here. I live live in Los Angeles. Also, how are you doing amongst this COVID-19 stuff?

2 Likes

Thank you