Daily headaches

Hi all. I’m a 46 year old wife and mom of 4. I’ve lived with migraines for most of my life. As I’ve gotten older they have become more frequent and more severe. They are now daily. I feel like they never go away. I wake up to one and go to sleep to one.
My eyes hurt, my neck hurts, my head hurts. I’m waiting on approval from my insurance to get botox I had it when I lived in VA. It was the only thing that worked. I moved back home to mass in 2017 so now I have to start all over from the beginning.

4 Likes

Mine are almost daily; I’m 69. They started when I was 43 and go worse. I’m currently being referred to a neurologist who specializes n headaces.

I took everything. Before i ended up on Imitrix i was 7 years on Vicodin. Now i try to just work it out with Excedrin, but that is just as damaging.

Where do they give you the botox. I used it a few times on my eyes, but it GAVE me a headache.

Ally

2 Likes

get on Google and look on the side effects of your other medicines and see a neurologist because I have migraines and I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor growth in my head so I have migraines a lot and I’m ultra Kennedy so hope you find some help with your migraines praying for you

1 Like

Hi all😸 I take propanolol and amitriptyline they have made my migrains fewer and less painfull hope that helps

1 Like

I was in Richmond, Virginia when I received my first set. It worked like magic…
the doctor said they realized it helped by accident. People were getting injections for other things and some realized they had fewer headaches.
No one told me though that it was like 12-15 injections all around the circumference on my head!!! 😩
But small tiny needles. It’s wasn’t too bad, and my brows were easy to do for a few weeks😂😂😂

Imatrex never worked for me. I’ve been on so many prescriptions I’m so sick of em. The only med that ever gave me minimal relief was excedrine migraine. But taking that everyday can actually cause more. It’s like a freaking endless circle. Taking OTC or any kind of pain meds more than 5 days a month I was told can trigger migraines! I’m in pain 24/7 in some part of my body so it’s like wth do I do?🤷🏽‍♀️

1 Like

I understand. Mine are daily to. My head hurts so bad at times it puts me crying. And I to find them being worse as I age.

1 Like

Hello I suffer from Migraines however I have been diagnosed of having a Puedo Tumor from head trauma due to Physical Abuse from my Ex Husband.
I’m on Firocets and Zomig Nasal Spray as a back up.
I know certain foods can trigger Migraines chocolates, aged cheese and some sodas.
Sleep Apnea can also cause Migraines if treated.
I hope my experience helps you.
😀

2 Likes

Sleep Apena if NOT treated

1 Like

Exactly. Today I woke up and my head was a 10. I have a nerve test this evening for my left arm. It’s always tingling and feeling numb sometimes.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you went through that. Been there myself. Firocet ( probably spelled it wrong lol) that intensified my headaches. I don’t think I tried the other one. The only thing that worked for me was botox injections. But I moved back home 2 years ago. The first neurologist I was going to did nothing for me.
So I switched. She tried to get me approved here for Botox but they denied. I’m hoping she appeals, because I’ve been through all the meds. And I’m limited to what I can exactly try

2 Likes

Lol I knew u meant that. Yea I have sleep apnea. But when I sleep with the machine now, I feel like I’m choking. It’s no longer a restful sleep like it used to be.

1 Like

I’m sorry its hurting you so. Praying for you.

3 Likes

I know how you feel I have tried so many meds. I have had then since I was 15 and as I get older the worse they go. I am taking 100 mg of imatrex and a shot of imatrex every week and I’m also on 140 aimovig and I get Botox every three months and I’m still having them they suck

1 Like

Could be a you need anxiety pills. That stop my headaches. Hope this is Helpful

1 Like

You are in my prayers.

1 Like

Maybe try Botox that helps me. You have to get refal from your doctor to see the neurologist. Not sure what medical plan you have. But i have medicaid and Medicare excelleous blue choice.

1 Like

Thank u

Omg!!! Have they done an mri or anything

Thanks, I just got on diazepam and something else. Well see how they work. And melatonin to help me sleep

1 Like