Dad is home

Hey everyone, we just moved my dad home from the nursing home. If anyone has any tips or whatnot please feel free to add. My mom(66)and I (30)are taking care of him. ❤️

2 Likes

Good for you! I have been through this,…
What a gift! Advice…PLEASE create moments to be as a family member AND not a caregiver. LOVE brings all of us to home. AND, in moments of fear, frustrations and even Anger (to make a difference) Remember this, that, these emotions are ONLY because you care, you want to help and/or to make a difference AND because you LOVE your DAD. A care-giver is also a Son, daughter, FAMILY!

I bow to you and the family. You all are HOME. Be as a waterfall as still turbulence …

2 Likes

He passed away Thursday at 5:10 pm😔. We had him two nights💔

3 Likes

DAUGHTER … The ultimate of LOVE within the act of caregiver! Please be a Daughter then bring yourself into caregiving. A beautiful opportunity. Thank you dear one!

A Friend, Clark
🙏🤟😇🤟👍🩺💊

2 Likes

I just knew I would nurse him back to health. I feel like a failure, but he was so sick and he was tired. I was there right beside him as he took his last breath😭💔😔❤️

3 Likes

I truly Bow to you! The ultimate ride of your Love. Clark 💕

1 Like

Thank you so much ❤️

Bless you! that is heartfelt ! 🙏🕊☮️

1 Like

Please know that there is no fail here!! You were successful
💕😇

1 Like

Thank you so much for the comforting comments❤️

I just want to send you KUDOS because now a day with a hustle and bustle of many different lifestyles people have a tendency to put their parents in nursing homes I’m glad that you and grateful to the Lord that you’re taking care of your your your family so often in nursing homes the residents there are forgotten by family members and close his friends may the Lord bless you and keep you and strengthen you preparing for his precious jewels your parents

2 Likes

I pray you and your mom n family are hanging on as much as possible, You did the best for your father sweetheart. He was with the to people that he loved most.
I pray for comfort for all of you during this hard time.
PLEASE know that you did everything right everything that you could.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. 😩💔

Oh no way, he was loved by so many. Either mom or I was with him. He passed two days after we brought him home from the nursing home😭💔

So sorry about your father’s passing. It was a blessing that God allowed him to spend his final days with you and your mom. I’m sure he was at peace and had joy in his heart to be home before he went to his final home with the Lord. Praying for your comfort and peace. Celebrate the memories.

1 Like

Thank you so much😔 having a hard day. His birthday was the 26th of April, then mine the 30th Of April, we usually celebrate them together so it’s been a rough couple of weeks. Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so thankful I don’t have to wonder where his final place is. He loved The Lord his whole life❤️❤️ yes we could just tell he was much more relaxed when we brought him home. ❤️

1 Like

All the firsts - birthdays, anniversaries, Father’s Day, etc. - are rough the first year but it will get easier. Having lost my father, I know it is not easy. Prayer, sharing memories, and spending time with family and friends will help. Just know, you’ll have some weepy days and some happy days. Try to focus on the good times and jokes you shared.

1 Like

I’m so very sorry your dad passed, but I’m glad you had him at home. I’m a CNA and work in long-term care facilities. I always feel that they have more peace at home with loved ones than in a facility, no matter how good it is.

I know it seems hard, but please try to give yourself a lot of kindness, care, and compassion. Your self-care will help you stay strong for yourself and your mom.

I hope peace and joyous thoughts come to you more as time passes.

1 Like

Thank you so very much. I am planning his Celebration Of Life as we speak. This is gonna he deep for a Moment, Having some trouble with my fathers other children that were never around until he got real sick, telling me how I should do his Memorial. My mom and I could really use prayers. Sorry that just got really deep😔 your kind words mean the world to mom and I. Bless you, and thank you so much for all you do❤️❤️

Get*^