Curbing mindless eating

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Track what you are eating… Each meal and snack. Learn where your nutrition deficiencies are so you can eat more balanced.

Plan snack at home that help get to your goal.

Take on a hobby using your hands… Can’t eat if they are busy. 😜😊

6 Likes

I use My FM Pal it tracks everything. You can even use the exersize function. I even pretend my doctor will see it so I have to be accountable for my eating.

You can also use it to track what foods ate good and bad.

Are you drinking soda or diet soda? This can make you hungry and craving for food. I don’t drink diet soda for this reason.

Look at you sugar intake, even the the unknown ones.

Are you getting enough calories through out the day? Are you exercising?

In the end go over this information with your doctor or nutritionist.

Hope this helps…

4 Likes

Hi I had that problem what I did give all the unopened food to the food bank’s and friend’s some in the trashcan so the only food left was my diat food, and pick up some think with your hands if it’s making a puzzle or me I cross stitching I find it relaxing and my hands are busy. Good luck,

2 Likes

What is a FM pal?

1 Like

I,have no idea?

1 Like

I am sorry? “my Fitness pal”.

2 Likes

Is it like a Fitbit?

1 Like

Three meals a day. No snacking. Preplan meals

1 Like

Not really, but you can connect your fitbit so you get your fitness numbers. You can record all of your meals, drinks, exersize, and weight.

You can keep tract of the Big Three, Fat, Protein, and Carbohydrates. I also track my weight and water intake.

I don’t think there is a cost except for the premium which tracks vitamins, mineral, etc.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Sometimes people use eating as a coping skill. You could have depression and trying to covering it up. Go talk to someone like a psychiatrist to see if they can help.

2 Likes

So it’s an app?

2 Likes

I also keep busy with Cross Stitch but on plastic canvas! I’m Diabetic and keep fruits and veggies on hand for snacks

3 Likes

That’s good just keep the wreiht fruit’s and veggies on hand

1 Like

Yes it is

1 Like

I also log my food on my Fitbit app