Creepy crawly

For years I’ve always felt like I have something crawling on me . And the last few years if I take a shower it’s worse almost to the point that I get so stressed and it makes it worse and here lately like the last month or two it happens all the time . I scratch at it and I look I got in a fight with freddy and lost . When I tell drs they look at me like I’m crazy and u would think 7 specialty drs and 1 family dr would have more then ur crazy look. Does any one else get this feeling ???

15 Likes

I have a little of that but I explain it more like cobwebs moving across my skin.

6 Likes

I do!! Sometimes it is over n over in one spot and sometimes it’s in several different places on my body. It doesn’t happen everyday either. It drives me crazy!! I have had a lot of doctors tell me it is in my head or just look at me funny and then act like I didn’t tell them about it. Do you have any other medical issues?? Don’t answer if you prefer. I do…a lot.

4 Likes

It is crazy the doctor do not think that through but yes some doctors do that.
I am a retired nurse so I know a bit about some of this. Just enough to maybe get into trouble lol. Here is what I know and what I found in my medical dictonary.
This is called formication, it is the sensation that resembles that of a lot of small insects on or under the skin.
It is a set of sensations known as parenctence, it can include a prickling, or tingling sensation known as “pins and needles”. This is a well documented symptom, which has numerous possible causes. The word is from the Latin word fotmic, meaning ant.
Causes include normal states like the onset of menopause which cause hormone withdrawal. Other causes are medical conditions such as exposure to pesticide, diabetic neuropathy, skin cancer or shingles.
There can be many other causes such as mental illnesses and hullinations.
Therefore, I am disappointed in the doctors that did not listen and think that out. Do you have any of the things I mentioned? If so you need to go back to the doctor and tell them you know you aren not crazy. Also tell them about this post. Look the word formication up you will see that I am correct.

11 Likes

Yes I get that feeling also, but if memory serves me right. My late Mother used to say it was our nerves. They may be irritated in some way or for some reason unknown to you or the Doctors.

4 Likes

I have peripheral neuropathy not from diabetes, anxiety, depression, muscle weakness, loss of feeling in parts of my body, chronic pain, a heat sensitivity and the list goes on. They thought it diabetes, lyme, lupus, and ms. Tested negative for them all. They tested for fibromyalgia and carpal tunnel but still negative

3 Likes

I get this as well I thought crap the pets have fleas again or it’s a spider crawling on my arms, but there’s nothing there. I’m 46 and have neuropathy in arms hands legs and feet. I do not have diabetes. I have anxiety and a hard time getting to sleep. Low potassium levels and high blood pressure. Also allergies to stuff outside. I haven’t lost my period yet but I used to always be cold and now am sometimes feeling feverish with no fever. I feel like menopause could be calling but I have no idea. Those crawly feelings and fever feelings are on my last nerve. Is there any way to stop them?

2 Likes

Yes. Sounds like what my sister go through. Her doctor to her when she get in the shower use tap water and get out and get out ASAP. She can’t even go outside if it’s hot. I’ve seen her at her worst where she looks like Jesus at his worst all those wipps on her body from head to toe. She is allergy to a lot

2 Likes

This is a list of my problems:
NASH (NON-ALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER DISEASE

Celica disease

Hyperhidrosis

RA

FIBRO

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

HIGH CHOLESTEROL

INSOMNIA

PRE DIABETIC

LOWER BACK PAIN

I will look that up thanks I do get numbness and tingling in my hands and feet and I see a dr for it but he gives me B6 which does nothing. I told my dr that they was like family because I see them more then my own family and they dont listen either. I’m 51 . Diagnosed with ra in 2010 and fibro around 2012 and it seems like the older I get the more problems I get .

5 Likes

thanks so much i’m looking into it now and what I see sounds a lot like I go though . I actually went through a surgical menopause in 2001 I had to have a hysterectomy it was complete but I didn’t have this problem until about the last 3 or 4 years . it started out small just here and there and it’s spread like poison ivy lol . thanks for ur time and giving me this info it helps a lot .

3 Likes

The fibro and prediabeties is enough to get that started. It"s all about your nervers.

3 Likes

Are welcome. I wish the doctors would teach more or at least have the nurse do it. But they say they are to busy.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about your sister
Sounds like she may have this. Tell her to ask her doctor.

1 Like

This could relate to you. Your nerves are probably being irritated by something.

3 Likes

Lupus is one that can cause that let alone all the others.

3 Likes

Your mother was cotrect.

1 Like

I’ve tested negative for it and ms bit a lot of my symptoms point to those… go figure. It got to where the neurologist I was seeing was just cramming pills down me ands not testing me for anything so I stopped seeing him. I moved to NJ and I am just starting to get established with a primary care doctor here. So maybe things might get found out.

3 Likes

Next visit may e you can ask about all this. I hope you get some answers now. Hopefully some teaching so you know the ins and outs with no suprising experiences.
Keep in touch I care.

3 Likes

No thanks needed. That’s what this is for… so we can support each other.

3 Likes

Yes, I do. I thought this was all in my mind. Not sure but I think this is what they are calling fibromyalgia.

2 Likes