COPD and asthma

Hi my name is Mary was diagnosed with COPD in 1999. I am now in stage 3, Dr just changed my meds because I am stay congested all the time.
I live in Texas with my husband surronded by my kids.

4 Likes

I also live in Texas and I have asthma and COPD.
I have been down sick this last week with congestion. As long as I am asleep no coughing. But the minute I wake and sit up OMG, the coughing is on.
Hope you are well. Gental hugs.

3 Likes

I to have COPD. I was diagnosed with it in 1971. Not long after I came back from Vietnam.
I’m not sure what stage I’m in.
My worst time is when I lay down.
I don’t know if it’s the COPD.
But strong odors give me Problems.
The odors can be nice or not.
It seems to be how Strong the odors are that causes me the most problems.

3 Likes

I have that problem too. I can not wear perfume or use scented soaps. I do not go to the mall anymore because of the smells there.
Smoke of any kind sets me off also. Tuesday my son was cooking and burned something. OMG I immediately got sick even though I was in my room resting.
My lungs have been full of mucus since.

3 Likes

Good morning everyone;
I was diagnosed with COPD just about a month ago, after a hospital stay for a week with Rhinovirus, (didn’t realize their are stages for COPD)I also have stage 4 lung cancer,which trully sucks…was told about cancer a year & half ago).
I couldn’t breath at all at the time. Something we take for granted,breathing, untill we CAN’T. That was the scariest thing I’ve ever felt, not being able to breathe. I’m on three different breathing meds now, the emergency inhaler, a powdery Inhub type twice aday & the machine with a liquid type 4 times aday. Between the Cancer & Copd sometimes i don’t know what’s making me not breathe; but the humidty really affects me terribly, strong oders not sure yet. I’ve noticed my breathing is louder then it use to be & whistles at times, sounds silly but strange feeling for sure. Wish the best for all with this cronic problem.
Have a wonderful day…

3 Likes

Hi James
I also have a problem with scent
The stronger the are the more trouble I have

2 Likes

It looks like we’re normal?
Coconut oil. Or anything with coconut in it locks my lungs up!!
I’ve had to go outside as fast as possible or hook up to my O2!!!

3 Likes

Garlic is another smell I can’t handle.

My son was cooking garlic & burned it!
I was in my bedroom & couldn’t go through the house.
I closed my door, went into my bathroom closed that door & stuck my head out the window.
I was lucky

3 Likes

The same hear, the heaveyer the senct the sicker I get.

1 Like

You are definitely not alone with dealing day by day with your issues but remain positive because faith is very important my friend.

3 Likes

Hi Jewels
Sorry to here about your cancer and COPD.
I lobe praying for you hun, and welcome to the group

2 Likes

Wow that’s crazy.

1 Like

Sunshine I know what you went through!!!
My son did the same thing with garlic.
I couldn’t breathe either.
I held my breath & went outside as fast as I could.

1 Like

Thank you Mary6114 & Tew1953 for your kind words. I’m getting more familiar with COPD now, been dealing with a few months now. Just got out if hospital again july/29, phenomena this time, it’s truly something how the littlest things can set this copd off, twice in hosp, this yr, May & July; I’ve read that people dealing with this horrible breathing problem will have a few hosp visits thru the year. I can always tell when somethings not rite; my breathing gets worse fast. I’m still learning my triggers out their in the world, which i do not go out much,stay in with central air running, make a big differance on breathing for sure. Whew…I think I feel more from COPd then I do my Cancer. It truly tries to dictate are lives; every day.
I think that’s it for now; going to try to get some sleep😴. One of these sleepless nights. Slept awesome first few days home from the most uncomfortablest beds in hosp, to my heavenly bed & now Back to semi sleep at night.
Any one else who can’t sleep thru night? I’ll usually read folks post, chk in at times;
But I’ll say good night for now & prayers for everyone dealing with these horrible conditions of COPD & Cancer.
God bless🙏🙏& till morning time🌷🌹❤💙💛

1 Like

Jewls 62 sending prayers I too IAM starting to not breath well. Have a pulmonologist app this month. After reading all these comments sure hope I don’t have COPD my dad had it also but he passed away in=2006 sending prayers to you dear hang in there

Sorry haven’t Benn on for awhile. I am now in stage 4 on my COPD. And I think I have pneumonia. I hope I don’t cause the 14th is my Birthday and the 17th is our 41st anniversary. We got big plans

I have the same problem with coconut oil.

Is there a way to tell if you have asthma along with COPD??