Constipation Treatment with Simple Home Remedies

Do you always have some or the other diet problems? Millions of people these days prefer to eat out in hotels and restaurants. And even on street stalls and eventually, they have problems like constipation. Constipation is a very common digestion problem that can lead to almost anybody in their lifetime. Although, constipation is not fatal. But we must make sure that we don’t suffer from it. Because it can lead to various other problems which can be fatal to our life.

4 Likes

What can you eat or do about constipation

I take magnesium citrate

2 Likes

I take linzess so far so good 6 years on it

2 Likes

I’ve had problems with constipation as long as I can remember! I’m now 71 y.o. Laxatives were a “last” choice when I hadn’t had a b.m. for many days, but all they really did was make me have diarrhea. 🤨😖 Then stool softeners came along & they helped a little bit better. I could take them more often without complete diarrhea. Finally, I was diagnosed with IBS with alternating constipation & diarrhea & for years just about daily (or every other day to be exact) I went from one to the other & kept cycling. Probiotics were the first thing, medicine or otherwise, that actually made a difference in my g.i. tract! I actually had several good days in a row sometimes! They continue to help me to this day. However, I also have a list of other medical diagnoses that I also must live with & treat with meds, many of which have the side effect of constipation! I started with Linzess a little over a year ago & it helps. It doesn’t solve my constipation problem & I’m still looking for other things that can help too. I also take magnesium & drink plenty of water. I’ve been inactive for more than 2 years due to a fractured vertebrae & surgery on my neck & back & now because my right knee, which I crushed the cartilage in many years ago, has finally decided to give out. Just getting a little active. Suggestions will be appreciated & conversations welcomed. I’m not going to be on here daily, so don’t get disappointed if I’m not back with you immediately. Looking forward to some interesting conversations & possibly n making some new on-line friends.

1 Like

I take probiotics and I also is magnesium morning and night with my probiotics

1 Like

Warm prune juice in a small coffee mug works well. If you take during the day, stay close to home. Works wonders and in my opinion tastes similar to warm berry tea and much better than it tastes cold. I also drink it with meals at home that may be more difficult for my system to process if I don’t eat that type of food often. Also take generic Metamucil daily and drink at least 10 glasses of water a day on average.

2 Likes

Thanks flour the suggestions! I might try the warm prune juice on a day I know Im not going any where for sure! Can’t do the Metamucil, it over works with my IBS. I’m doing some better now after having a few changes in my medicines. But, since I still have some problems on more days than I want, I’m still looking for something that will help even things out. Thanks again!

1 Like

What kind of magnesium do you take?

Like what