Congestive heart failure

Haven’t seen anything on congestive heart failure. I had a severe heart attack last December had a injection fraction of 20. In three months it was up to 50!! Dr was amazed. Now my heart is normal for my age. Problem of congestive heart is now the main issue. Get tired easily and have a hard time pushing myself… some days I just can’t I ride my recumbent bike 5 miles a day 5 days a week control my water and salt intake too. Oh did I mention I am 79 years old. Any suggestion on how deal with chf on a daily basis would be wonderful!!

10 Likes

First let me say WOW! You’re doing great! As to CHF have you tried natural diuretics? Coffee is good as it also dialets the blood vessels.

4 Likes

You are doing great.

2 Likes

Told not use caffeine but do drink one cup of coffee a day. Any other suggestions?

2 Likes

Compression socks are a good start and ask your doctor about the water intake amount…also do they have you on a diuretic?

3 Likes

Hi everyone. Among several other health issues I was recently diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. It was devastating to me because my heart was always so healthy. I’m really scared. I have a lot of support through the hospital but I guess I need some virtual support and as sappy as it sounds, a virtual hug.

5 Likes

Hello dear, I’m so sorry to hear this, you have to be strong for yourself , do you have kids. You will need their support

3 Likes

Jenniferjo
I know anything with the heart can be so scary.
One thing I do know is walking helps the heart and helps lower your blood pressure. There are days I can not walk like I want to but I try again the next day.
One thing that helps me is to set reminders for my medication. I try to eat healthy but saying that I will tell you I mess up some days.
I know sleep helps as well. Try to get 8 hours or more each night.
I do not have your problem but do have troubles with my heart. AFIB and some days it scares me. Today was one of those days.
Right now I am in bed propped up with pillows. Resting and letting my medication slow down my heart.
I find reading other’s post help me a lot.
I will pray for you to connect with some one who can help you.

1 Like

I have a grown son. I left the state where he and my family live 2 years ago. They just flew out to visit for the weekend a week ago. I’ve also got type 1 diabetes and RA and…etc! My boyfriend and I bought a house after the move. He’s the best. My family and boyfriend are a great support system. Sometimes I just feel like they probably need a break.

2 Likes

Nice to know this, I haven’t really had support, my son is my life now, work has kept me busy, it would be great to have a companion for me now in my life.

2 Likes

me too. it hit me like a ton pf bricks

1 Like

Im only 26yrs old & have CHF and chronic renal failure stage 4 & on dialysis 3times a week 4hrs each sitting. And yes its a struggle and mentally because i am only 26 & slowly watching n feeling myself get much weaker everyday. Its an emotional roller coaster for me Nd my loved ones as well… And the physical pain that comes with ot…
Omg is not right exspecially for my age. And my BP is always 170s/130s

2 Likes

so sorry to hear. i will pray for ypu and your family

2 Likes

AshlyB
Everyday will be a learning experience. Listen to your body.
Somethings I use to help conserve energy: I lay out everything I need for after my shower. I rest before I get into the shower.
I have a terry cloth robe. It soaks up most of the water from my shower. I pat instead of rubbing it uses less energy. I sit to dry my legs. I rest a bit then get dressed in what I laid out.
I walk in side for exercise. I have a cane in case I get weak. Keeps me from a fall. I also do chair exercises. I can sit and rest a bit between each one. These help my muscles and my breathing.
I also do breathing exercises at least 2 X a day.
Hope this helps you. I will pray for you.

2 Likes

New to this group. I was recently diagnosed with dialated cardiomyopathy or congestive heart failure. Trying to learn how to adjust my style of life to live as long and as healthy as possible any suggestions?

3 Likes

What do you do to help daily?

loso diet, exercise. i was diagnosed with that too also with lbbb

1 Like

I have CHF and Afib. I am only 58 and tired all the time. Sometimes I get discouraged, though I try to stay as positive as possible. I do have a strong faith and that helps tremendously.

3 Likes

I know what you mean. I am almost 62. diagnosed 10/2017. with stage 3 chf along with LBBB. acute kidney failure. getu g ready to tlhave a CRT D pacemaker out in. I all my vitals make me a good candidate. my EF WAS 15 then 6 months later 30 now it is 21 my cardiologist says that those are bot big changes

2 Likes

Sending you a big hug. Sending prayers your way.

1 Like