[Coming soon!] Copy from Journal (on Android)

I just took a couple of acetaminophen tablets for a sudden pain in my back, and made a detailed note in my Journal. Acetaminophen is not on my Medications List because I rarely need it, but I keep it around for when I do.

Then I tried to copy the entry so in case things got worse I could include it (and any other relevant entries) in a memo to my doctor or just for myself – but the app won’t let me copy from the journal! Why the heck not? I can maybe see why I can’t edit an entry once I’ve posted it, even though I can delete it, but what possible harm is there in copying it?

1 Like

Okay, so I found a workaround:
• tap SHARE (icon in top right, like a < sign with arrowheads on the branches)
• choose browser
• go to new browser window
• select post and copy

So it’s possible to copy a post, but inconvenient, and probably impossible if you don’t have internet connection. I’d still like a direct COPY option.

Correction: the share icon has dots at the ends and angle, not arrowheads.

Why can’t we copy a Journal entry or comment? I’d like to be able to inform my doctor or my sister of some things that I write there, but my only option is to retype into another app, which is especially difficult on a phone screen.

Hi @mamandel—Thank you for following up on this suggestion! I’m excited to share that you will be able to copy and paste from your Journal entries on Android very soon. The feature will be added to the next update through the Google Play Store!

Thanks for your patience and for sharing this suggestion! —Ivy

1 Like

I’m looking forward to it. :-)