Chronic migraine headaches

I was just diagnosed with chronic migraine headaches I went to a cat scan and x raya and I was told that I was in danger of chronic migraine headaches and I was sent to a nurologist and I was give Tylenol 3

I am sorry you have to deal with migraines!! Is the Tylenol 3 helping any?
I have had an intractable migraine for two and a half years, and not much has even dulled it. I am currently on the injection Emgality which has taken the sharp pains away, but hasn’t done anything for my band pain around my head or the pressure on top of my head (like a pile of books).
I hope you can find relief soon.

1 Like

Are you in a state that allows either CBD or THC? THC has CBD in it at lower levels than straight CBD oil, salt, patch or other source. However CBD is a natural anti inflammatory agent and helps my headaches and can even sometimes touch my migraines. So at this point CBD has become my go to med for starting treatment on the lower end of pain med spectrum and then I work up to whatever I need to knock down the headache or migraine if it gets that far.

Good luck with your headaches!
NoCoJeff

2 Likes

Hi I have just had sudden onset of migraines and I get Fioricet and it doesn’t help at all I also have back issues that are going to require surgery and for that I have 7.5 percocet that seems to help my headaches but I try not to take those for my headaches or my back because I want them just don’t work when I need them I was seeing what my notification was and saw it was migraines I was just reading about them at the same time kind of weird anyway I was reading that magazine is helium and calcium might have a link of having an imbalance of both of them about taking magnesium and also riboflavin may actually help migraine headaches of course it also says say no to MSG Say No 2 nitrous cut back on caffeine I find it odd Fioricet is loaded with caffeine I think it gives me caffeine withdrawal and I feel worse anyway no artificial sweetener an amino acids called tyramine cut back on chocolate and ban the booze all that comes from the book Healing with Vitamins by Preventions you can visit their website www.healthyideas.com. Good luck!😊

1 Like

Okay I need to proofread magnesium is supposed to help migraines my 7.5 mg Percocet I try not to take because I want them to help if there’s anything you don’t understand just let me know and I’ll clarify I do talk-to-text because I have tremors and it would be worse than it is now sorry hope this helps

1 Like

Does the Tylenol 3 help with the migraine pain? I have migraines that don’t respond to pain killers or migraine meds. The ER, and some doctors offices, will give an injection of Benadryl, Toradol, and Phenergan. They call it a Migraine Cocktail. Toradol is a major anti-inflammatory and the Phenergan is for nausea.

I am allergic to Benadryl, so my doctor gave me prescriptions for 2 of the 3 meds, Toradol and Phenergan. They are in tablet form instead of an injection. If I take these and a nap when I first feel the migraine starting it can usually stop it.

The only drawback is that you can only take 5 tablets of Toradol in a month because they can cause ulcers. You also always want to have food, even just a few crackers, in your stomach when you take the Toradol tablets to cut down on the risk of ulcers.

Be careful with any Non Steroidial Anti Inflammatory Drug (NSAID) I used to take large doses of ibuprofen (800mg x3 day) and burned 5 ulcers into my gi tract. Toradol is just another drug from that NSAID family. My doctor has told me that I can have toradol one time a week now in injectable form only since that will be the least impact on my stomach and gi. So my message is to ask a lot of questions about what it is you’re being given, what the side effects are, how it is intended to affect you, and lastly is there anything you need to stay away from while taking said medication.

Luck,
NoCoJeff

1 Like

I can’t take NASAIDs myself because of rebound headaches. I even get them from the triptans. I’m going through another round with the migraine docs. They now have me on 50mg Nortyptiline plus occipital nerve block to come. In the meantime they went in through the nostrils and sprayed lidocaine which helped.

I vape cannabis flower plus use sublingual CBD tincture. Helps with the migraine pain a lot but none of the other symptoms. I still feel like I’ve been through a meat grinder. Hopefully they can find an abortive that works reliably and addresses all symptoms.

Sounds like you’ve tried most things I’d suggest. Keep your chin up though, medical science is constantly changing so how keeps moving the goal posts.

You need to see a different neurologist! That’s no way to treat a migraine.

In the meantime, just in case there is any muscle tension triggered type of migraine happening there are 2 things I would highly recommend:

1. Diclofenac Gel. It’s prescription. I don’t know how my it would cost you (it shouldn’t be too much because it’s generic), but it’s definitely worth it. And don’t go by the dosage card they have in the box! That’s enough to take a bath in! Just a small dot on your finger will cover a larger area than you would imagine and you can always apply more.

2. If you can’t get a prescription for the Diclofenac Gel or you can’t afford it, try the line of Salon Pas products. They have both a lidocaine gel and a pain relief gel that work really good and they have large lidocaine opatches, pain relief patches as well as a pain patch with menthol. They are on the expensive side, but if you’re going to try one, my personal preference is the one with menthol. They also have smaller patches (about 2”x4”) that are very affordable. You can get them at CVS, Walgreens, WalMart. At COSTCO or Sam’s Club you can get a box of 40 patches for between $10-15.00.

Good luck Stat safe.