Caregiver -Mental illness

Hi everyone, I am new and looking to chat with you if your a caregiver of mental illness. I really could use your support and maybe exchange information and encourage each other on tuff days. Thanks for your reply😊👍

3 Likes

Hi Susan here, are you taking care of a person that has a mental illness?

1 Like

Yes how about you

Well, my husband has Anxiety and depression, he sees a Psychologist thru the VA, also a Psychiatrist thru the VA, he is on an anti-anxiety medication at night.

1 Like

Hello there
I have cared for many clients that have suffered from mental illness. If I can assist you with anything ask away just in case am I have any tips that can help you.

2 Likes

You could probably help her more than I can then. I wish you both a good day! I hope you help to answer her questions! God Bless you Both!.

1 Like

Dont underestimate what you do know…because when it comes to mental illness what works for one doesn’t work for the other…I could have 20 years in healthcare but we learn something everyday… God bless you as well…please do remember that what you do many can’t do…so you know something they dont ❤❤❤

3 Likes

Thank you for wordings of encouragement. I took care of my grandmother who had Alzheimer’s back when I was 10 years old until I was 17, but I wouldn’t consider it to be a mental illness. Again thank you for your kind words. Bless you and what you do!😊

2 Likes

Actually it is a mental illness…you see…we learn something new all the time plus now you know that you can give feedback on it as it is a mental Illness

2 Likes

Thank you for informing me, I learn something new everyday!

3 Likes

Yes I am

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I do have one question. How do keep track of odd behaviors and report them to their doctor, and therapist- to prevent the recurrence of Psychosis.

1 Like

I am the caregiver to my husband. He has major anxiety, severe depression and ptsd. It is very hard and their are more bad days then good. I cannot work cause I have to be with him all the time. This is very stressful

2 Likes

I will praying for strength… Yes, it is very stressful and it’s good to have support when you just need a break! Hope things get better thank you for your reply. I am a caregiver- with paranoid Schizophrenia some times it’s very stressful as well. I’m so glad to have someone to talk.

1 Like

Hello,

I am taking care of my parents. My mother has many health issues, but also an undiagnosed mental health disorder (borderline personality disorder) along with depression and anxiety.i also worked in the human services field for 20 years with people with dual diagnosis. I also have a daughter who suffers from bipolar disorder.
I would be happy to talk with you, help you through difficult days. Feel free to reach out.

1 Like

Thank you. So am I.

1 Like

Praise God . He gave you life and he is saying I love you with all my 💓 child and your work is done on Earth. I say would say the same thing

Thank you Jenniferj1973, I’m so glad to find someone to chat with during different times. I first question is; do you attend therapy and if yes, do you find it helpful??

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Do you find therapy helpful ??

1 Like

There is a place on this app where you can keep track of moods also a note keeper on here as well. It is a great tool. You can even take photos and if need be you can even share via app to their dr

2 Likes