Cant sleep

As I write this, I have dozed off 2 times in my do office Latley it seems tired, uneasy, restless, just dont cover how I feel…extremely tired. dare I say more exhausted. it’s crazy the places I’ve fallen asleep in. lol
any ideas? my iron isnt low, I do t take other meds that make me drowsy. I’m still working my eating plan. some days are harder, like now… any ideas?

1 Like

Good morning. First thing I think of is insomnia which may be related to OSA - obstructive sleep apnea or narcolepsy.
How many hours of sleep do you get per night on average? Do you snore? Do you have a lot of anxiety? Do you have difficulty getting to a sleep state? Are you waking up several times a night and have trouble going back to sleep? Overactive bladder? There are many possible reasons for this as you can see.

2 Likes

I said it before try a routine its hard to start but once your brain sees it enough it will be a shut down thing turn off all electronic gizmos that keep you awake at a certain time maybe then take a nice warm bath or shower to relax just soak and relax time. Have a cup of sleepy time tea and they do have extra sleepy time tea too or warm milk just NO CAFFINE… I put lavender oil on my pillow ( its to induce sleep) for those who need noise (like me) turn the radio on softly or get a sleep mask and leave your tv on like my other half does. He’s up and down all night I wear a mask so the light don’t bother me and I’ve always had to have noise. I also take meds they also say if you exersice a lot during the day you will be able to sleep at night. ( I don’t know who they are but when I worked a full time job as a CNA I still couldn’t sleep half the time) but try to work a routine for a month see if it helps. Be consistent.

2 Likes

My drs years ago put me on a 2mg dose of Lorazapam for when I absolutely HAD to have sleep. None of the sleeping meds work if you take them often but I get an RX for 30. By the time they expire now I have 15-20 left usually but they are there if I need them. I hate using them but I’ve noticed my sleep patterns have gotten better. I have chronic insomnia. But now get 4-5 fairly good hours most nights and that works for the nights I don’t get any. If I have more than 2 of those in a row I take a pill. But only if I have no where else to be the next day cuz it does take it out of you. Drive safely with all meds and follow recommended dosages. Maybe this isn’t the one for you but there should be something out there to help.

1 Like

have you tried drinking some green tea before you go to sleep remember no exercising or doing anything that may stimulate you try reading the Bible

1 Like

Try some melatonin, your body may not be making enough to help you sleep! The doctor tried me on several sleeping pills but I was sleep walking and injuring myself on them so they told me I couldn’t take any sleeping pills. I have walking issues and was falling or I’d sit on the toilet, fall asleep and fall off toilet! My husband asked me one morning where I went because he had backed into the driveway and the next morning the car was pulled strait in…scary!