Cannot eat

I was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma cancer and have been receiving immunotherapy treatment. My last test showed that my Thyroid was not working. My numbers were 19. Very bad! They are working on getting it regulated. I am also a type 1 diabetic. Food is no longer my friend and I want to throw up all the time. I was taking nausea pills but almost out. I was wondering if there are natural remedies to help me with my appetite and not upsetting my stomach. I lost nearly 20 lbs since I started treatment (November 2018). I would like some suggestions for me to try.

3 Likes

Hello,

I’m very sorry to hear about your diagnosis, and I hope you get the help you deserve very soon. While there is probably a prescription out there that increases your appetite that your doctor can prescribe, but who wants another pill on top of all the other cancer medications you’re taking.

My suggestion would be medical marijuana. I realize it’s a controversial subject and may not be suitable for everyone however, it is an alternative option for some people. I’m not advocating its use as this is a personal decision.

I wish you all the best,

Marguerite

4 Likes

Hi… My younger sister who had kidney cancer took Ginger to help with the nausa due to the treatments.

1 Like

My prayers are there for you and my support . Please keep your faith that God has this and will help you walk this terrible mile. You can do this, I have. Sandy

1 Like

I agree with medical marijuana; it does help with appetite also ginger for nausea.
Hope you find relief soon, this is a struggle for sure. Good Bless!!!

Have you tried CBD?

I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope you find relief.

My dad was recently diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer, which has metastasized everywhere in his body. While I can not imagine what it must be like for you or him, I know the journey is rough. But I will pray for things to be easy for you.❤

I had Hodgekins disease in 93. When I told my doctor I was having trouble eating during chemo she told me to eat even if I knew I would throw up. Its hard but just do it, some of the calories will get through and thats what counts. Sometimes it tasted like metal and other thingsbut I try very hard to do as she told me to do. Don’t ever give up always keep trying.