Calendar Selection Input Method

I had to scroll back month by month all the way back to 1991 just to select my birthday. For other things it’s not ideal either. It would be nice to select the month, day, and year separately so that we don’t have to sit there and swipe left or right one by one. This is a significant issue and I’m surprised that no one else has said anything about it, so now I’m wondering if it’s actually a bug.

5 Likes

Hi @Corah—I’m sorry for any confusion! It sounds like you’re using an Android device (certain devices can have a bit of a quirky way of editing calendar dates).

When you tap on the birthdate field in your Profile, tap directly on the year (“2019”) or the date (“Fri, Oct 4”) to edit. I’m so sorry you had to scroll for eternity! Please let me know if this works for you or if you have any other issues.

Take care,

—Ivy
Community Manager

2 Likes

Update: We’re working on a way to make the calendar/date picker consistent on all devices, so we appreciate you letting us know!

Some Android device manufacturers can choose different default calendars specific to the individual device (but not consistent across all devices or models). We hope to make this a better experience with a future update to the app. We’ll be sure to update this topic when this change is made.

Thanks again, @Corah!

—Ivy
Community Manager

4 Likes

Don’t know but it is bothering.

Ahh, so that’s how you do it. Lol. Thanks.

1 Like

Always glad to help! Thanks for letting me know it worked for you (and for your positivity!) :-)

1 Like