C.o.p.d

This crazy weather up & down has me up & down some days I’m alright others I fight for every breath.And sinuses are a whole different problem.Just needed to vent. Thanks for listening. God Bless have a great day.

5 Likes

Yes me too. The sinus thing is so aggravating. We have had rain every day since May 18th.

4 Likes

Me too!!

3 Likes

I totally understand. I’m right there with ya.

4 Likes

Has anyone else had trouble with their CPAP machine burning the inside of their nose to the extent that it is difficult if not impossible to use? I’ve called my doctor but gotten no response.

3 Likes

I have OCPD and angina (one of my two vains that supply blood to my have is fully blocked) I found that muceix ER helps I take one in the morning after I get up .
Then I take one right before I go to bed for the night. This helps keeping the mucus at lower level and letting me sleep through most nights.

1 Like

Air Med told me if my CPAP begins to dry my nose, my body would increase the mucus in the nose. This would add more moisture to inhaled air. Unfortunately, this may cause nasal congestion and/or a runny nose. In some cases dryness can cause nasal irritation, burning, and sneezing.
Well I have a dry nose even though I use a aloe nasal gel to help moisturize them. It is so bad I have a nose bleed at least 2 to 3 times a week, some days I get 2.
I drink at least 1 gallon of water acday, use the nasal gell, and yet my nose is so dry I can barel stand it.
If you find relief please let me know what it is.
Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

1 Like

If I do find a solution, I’ll let you know. I discussed it with my ENT doc and he wants to do a CT of my nasal area to see if I have something else going on that a visual exam doesn’t show like a polyp or something. (I was mugged in ‘76 and had to have my nose, sinus region, and left eye socket surgically repaired) I’ve had trouble with what I thought were “cold sores” inside my right nostril but which were in fact just infected hair follicles (lucky me). But the copay for that is $160 so I’ll have to wait for the new year so my insurance will reimburse me. The powers that be in Congress don’t seem to realize that for many of us, our SS check is less than our medical bills each month.

2 Likes

I have that and hate it especially that mucas I use a potty but you might not like it it’s not expensive

1 Like

I’m right there with you. C.O.P.D , Asthma, congested heart failure , not to mention my sinuses are out of this world. Some days I feellike giving up would be easier. I’m not trying to have a Tammy pity party, I guess just a little venting. Did I mention my out of control weight gain , and waiting on two new knees. I’m in a wheelchair. Not able to do very much for myself . I’ve got a
a P. A. 3 1/2 hrs. a day, it’s better than nothing lately I’ve been thinking I’m more trouble than I’m worth. Thanks to all for letting me vent. Have a nice day. God Bless

3 Likes

I have the same problem.

1 Like

I hv had the same problems with the weather changes. My headaches are so bad I can barely stand it. I take allergy meds, sinus meds and Tylenol but nothing has helped. My breathing is so erratic I am using my nebulizer up to 3 times a d

1 Like

Had a bad bout of bronchitis and got over it but my breathing is now worse than it was before the bronchitis. (I also have pulmonary hypertension 😕 I guess it did more damage. 🤷‍♀️ Going to see a pulmonologist.

1 Like

Hang in there!

1 Like

You will always be worth it. I am annually in the hospital and rehab with COPD for 2 months. This year I believe I had a miracle (thank you to God) and I came in the hospital at 306 and I’m now 265. I am eating a1200 calorie diet and exercising every day to continue losing. My lungs and walking ability had increased 100%. I can’t stop smiling. I am 72 and was ready to die before going into the hospital in Aug. 24.
For whatever reason the rehab and eating plans were successful … I’m in the hospital/rehab every year and never had these good results.
Hang in there… miracles are possible…I guarantee it!

1 Like

I was using regular h2o had to be distilled or it can burn tap h20 without neddy pot powder can burn your nose…remember this is how it affected ME…YOU MAY GET DIFFERENT RESULTS. hope this helps …

1 Like

Hello everyone , hope all had good holiday’s
I’ve not been on here in quite some time, so don’t know where to start. By the grace of God my C.O.P.D & Asthma has not been giving me
problems that’s a + . Mean while I’m working on weight loss , with not much luck. I seek a weight loss Dr. it’s going slow but sure. With that being
said, I’ve committed to have bariatric surgery.
I’ve had a check list of various medical procedures to be done before my surgery.
I’ve completed all of them.So it look’s like about
The 1st. wk. of February or there bout’s
There’s a lot of mixed emotions of course excitement to lose some weight I’m just asking for support and prayers. I’ll be given an update as for how I’m doing. Thank’s alot to all for just listening. God Bless Everyone , And hope all is feeling well.

Don’t you dare think that way as I have everything you have plus I bet cancer 10 years ago stage III aggressive. God’s got you here every day for a reason and you need to look at what that reason is and know that your valuable. If you can’t do anything else you can sit there and pray for the world peace and the people that are having such a hard time living on the streets there’s always something you can do no matter what condition you’re in. Will be praying for you. Sandy

1 Like

I am lucky I am retired US Army so I have TriCare to help with most of my medical bills and medications and I get as as well. Big hugs for you and the Adorable Care Act is about all most folks have. And our dumb pres wants to scrap it. Because he has a hatered of Oboma . The Pres and the republican Congress need to get their act together and fix the ACA instead of trashing it.

1 Like

I know the feeling