Blood Count Tracking

We just started using the app and have found it very helpful in dealing with my wife’s AML (Acute Myeloid Lukemia) diagnosis.

However, there is one missing feature that I would think would be very useful to others as well. As a Lukemia patient, my wife requires blood products regularly. Therefore, we have found it necessary to keep track of the various blood count numbers that dictate her transfusion needs.

Something exactly like the existing HIV count tracker, but with fields for WBC, ANC, Hemoglobin, HCT & Platelets primarily. Fields for Creatinine, Potassium, Magnesium, & Bilirubin would also be useful as they are monitored regularly during and after chemotherapy.

Just a thought for a future version. I think many Cancer and blood disorder patients would find it beneficial.

11 Likes

I think that is a good idea! And a great took!

2 Likes

Hello; i agree, these would be great added feilds for cancer patients also. I’ve need a blood transfusion also added potassium ext but no place to log them except in notes. Mabye administration will soon add these.

3 Likes

During the Induction Phase of her AML treatment, during a 31 day hospital stay, my wife needed 18 units of blood and 8 units of platelets. Much of her day revolved around her daily blood count results.

2 Likes

I meant to say tool!

3 Likes

Morning Flippinralph, I trully understand why they need to add these feilds, with all your wife goes thru,(god bless her) there really needed. Like I’ve said, Mabye if enough of us talk about the added feilds needed administration will give another update to site with these feilds added. I think there a super idea. I’m sure allot of others do to… Marry Christmas 🎄🎁🙏

2 Likes

From an app developer standpoint, this would be an easy upgrade. All the code needed has already been written. The new fields could be created by simply copying and pasteing the code for the HIV count tracker, then simply relabeling the title and fields. I would guess that your programmers/developers could knock this out in an afternoon.

1 Like

Great idea. Also great for tracking kidney functions. GFR, creatinine, WBC, HGB, RBC. THANKS

1 Like

I had a kidney transplant and need to track my creatinine numbers. So if they added a generic field for tracking we could use it as needed. We could even name the field as needed. I so love all the other fields for keeping our data.

3 Likes

As an AML sufferer this would be amazing.

1 Like

Tracking Blood Count #s would be an AWESOME & Important addition to the app !!
Being a Multiple Myeloma patient, its ALL about the NUMBERS 🤓❗
HOPEFULLY 🙏 this will be something that the Developers will consider??

1 Like