(Available on iOS 10/29/19!) Sort community messages newest to oldest

How about putting the newest messages on the top of the list and the oldest one at the end of it? It would make it a lot easier not to have to scroll through 44 messages to get to the most current ones on the list so I can answer. I’m sure it would make everyone else’s life easier too.😎

13 Likes

I agree with you what they should do is after a message is read delete the damn thing for us

4 Likes

a lot of the times I miss the messages because I have to Fumble through 40 old messages

4 Likes

But I don’t always get into the message board every day. But yes, they should probably be deleting old messages after a certain amount of time.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea—thanks for sharing it here! We definitely understand how placing the newest posts at the top of a topic will make it a lot easier to stay updated on new replies. (Not to mention, save you a LOT of time scrolling!)

I’m happy to share that we’re currently working on ways to improve this for everyone, so please stay tuned! I’ll share any updates here in the future.

Thank you for supporting the community and helping us grow!

Take care,

—Ivy
Community Manager

8 Likes

Good idea…I have wondered why they put them at the end and waste time…

2 Likes

Yes please

1 Like

Make the unread messages bold & when they have read they become un-bold.

5 Likes

Yes! Please make a way to clear the notification messages. I have read them. All of them. Several times. I get notices for unread notifications constantly, go through all the notifications over and over and still it says unread. Clear them out please. Please make a way we can trash the notifications.

5 Likes

I like that idea too. That would help make the site better and make it more easy to navigate.

3 Likes

sorry for the profanity in there but it is aggravating having to read the same messages over and over

1 Like

So this particular message is inappropriate believe me I’ve heard a lot of other things on this site that was a lot worse than what I had said so I’ll just take that as a warning and I’ll cancel everything to do with you I’ll take me my foul mouth and my business elsewhere goodbye

1 Like

wow that’s unusual for me to send a message and you won’t Post-it

1 Like

Hi @Kem18436572—I apologize for any concerns or confusion. I’d love to help.

If a post was flagged because it contains language that may be offensive to others, you will always have the chance to edit the post shortly after you receive the notice.

Kind and supportive words are always appreciated in the community, as they help make sure it remains a positive place for everyone (and is safe for our younger member’s eyes too)! :)

I do see that your previous flagged posts were removed, but your recent posts are showing up here. If you’re still having issues seeing them or have any questions, I’ll be here to help.

Thank you for your support!

—Ivy
Community Manager

1 Like

Okay I get the message delete it

1 Like

Thanks, Ivy. As you may have guessed, I’ve hardly been using this chat aspect of the app at all. One problem with it for me is that it’s oldest-first. Is there any way to see the newest posts first? The way it’s set up now, it could soon take me an hour to see new posts, and that’s just absurd. I’ll try browser access after I send this note.

3 Likes

You have to throw them through about 45 to get to it and then it ain’t there I’m not going to deal with it anymore contact me on my email or don’t contact me at all

1 Like

Hi @Kem18436572, I’m so sorry. I definitely understand how frustrating that is (as it happens to me too).

We are currently working on a way to update the community platform so that it can sort messages from oldest to newest. (It’s just taking a bit longer than expected.)

I apologize, I don’t yet have a date on when this new feature can be added, but I promise I will post an update here the minute I have more info to share.

I appreciate all you’ve done to support the community and hope you will still visit us in the future!

—Ivy
Community Manager

1 Like

It’s been a year now Ivy nobody’s got rid of the messages that you have to go through to get to the recent one lousy site I’m out of here goodbye

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @Kem18436572.

Are you referring to sorting through messages in the community from oldest to newest—or something else?

The suggestion to sort community messages from “newest to oldest” was posted to the community here in this topic, earlier this year (Feb 2019).

If I’ve misunderstood your request, feel free to reply here! I’d love to help.

Thanks!

—Ivy
Community Manager

1 Like