As needed medications

I have several medications that I only take when needed but there is no way to tell the app that it always asks you to set a time when you take it but they aren’t taken every day

I just click on skip option .

1 Like

Afternoon:
I’ve got a med on their for a as needed, I’m surprised it’s giving you trouble. Couldn’t explain how it did that on my “Levaquin” it’s not a as needed script, but i just mark it as i taken in early am.

Consider logging them in the Journal. Click/tap on “More” (bottom right corner of screen), then Journal. It automatically adds the date and time.

Hi @ac11045—Apologies for any confusion!

After adding a new med, you will see a prompt on your Dashboard/Home screen asking when you take the med. You can remove the prompt by tapping “Dismiss”. This lets the app know you intend to take that med only when you need it (and don’t wish to be reminded).

As needed meds will always appear under the “As Directed” section in the Medications module (as long as there is no med reminder set for that med).

You can mark the exact time you take your as needed meds too. Here’s how:

1. Tap the Medications module.
  2. Tap the SCHEDULE tab (top right)
  3. Scroll down to the As Direction section.
  4. Tap the checkbox next to the med name to mark the med as taken (the app automatically records the time for you).
  5. If you need to edit the time you took an as needed med, tap the pencil icon next to the med name to select a different time.

If you have any questions, reply here or send an Inbox message through the app anytime!

Take care,

—Ivy
Community Manager

1 Like