Arthritis in back? Or MS

Hi all, Doctor said MRI shows arthritis in back and neck and also moderate disc disease -MRI of head shows The consistency of MS.
My knees and ankles hurt and get stiff, but I am getting pins and needle’s and stabbing Burning pain in one thigh.
I recently went to the cardiologist for an echo cardio gram because my feet and ankles were swelled and were very painful to walk on.
Even my jaw cracks and is painful at times.
I also recently got out of the hospital for septic shock, still not sure of the cause of that? I did have some wisdom teeth removed approximately a month before that.
I also have brain fog.
Almost 5 years ago I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s.

Anyone have symptoms like these or have any ideas for me?

5 Likes

I do not have MS. But I do have osteoarthritis of my spine. NSAIDS are usualy ordered for the pain. Aspirin is the one most doctors wanted me to take. However it thins my blood to much and upsets my digestive tract. I am allergic to the arthritis meds. Ibuprofen causes my ears to ring. I wear 2 hearing aids already so it is out. That pretty much leaves me wit Tylenol and topical meds.
Tylenol does not cut the pain. I use a heating pad and an ice pack alternately which helps some. I also have a tens unit it helps quite a bit.
In physical therapy they taught me some exercises to do everyday. I have not stopped doing them because they helped so much.
My son bought some lotion he thought might help me and it has. Blue Stop Max you can get it at SAM’S, Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart. They also have a gel and a special arthritis formula.
I must schedule frequet rest time throught out the day. If not my pain is excruciating. At first I did not want to do the test periods. You know to much to do. Now I know it is crusal to my feeling like doing anything.
One thing that helped my pain was accupuncher. You might give that a thought.
I hpe this helps you. Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

4 Likes

I have MS, degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis, 2 compressed discs in my neck (1 surgically fixed). I have all kinds of pain in all kinds of places but then again I am 69.

3 Likes

Thank you that all helps

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be funny but I use WD-40 on my joints later or not it does help

3 Likes

I have heard people say that. I’m going to look and see if I have some. My son just moved out don’t know if he took it or not.
I wouldn’t hurt to try it.
Thanks stay well and gentle hugs.

1 Like

How do you use it

2 Likes

Than you for the info
It’s amazing how people look at you and think you should be able to do anything because you look OK on the outside 🤨🙂

3 Likes

Did the surgery help the discs in your back ?

3 Likes

It is the MS and degenerate arthritis-not your age but the osteo arthritis does go with age and useage

2 Likes

The doctors never wanted me take aspirin because causes stomach issues and wanted me use Tylenol use generic cheaper. The meds taking for RA and other issues were harsh enough on my stomach

2 Likes

Mine did but have other bad disk now

2 Likes

With feet swelling I do have to take low dose aspirin a day now because have congestive heart failure. Have to watch my fluid intake as well. Take fluid pills, keep feet up when swelling especially at night

2 Likes

I’m still working 3 days a week a day 6 hr ,but all ways on my feet, knees hurt but The swelling in my feet isn’t that bad but the skin on the bottom of my feet burn and get so painful it’s hard to walk at times , and they get a tingling sensation in them , I’m scared of having surgery on my spine for anything, we don’t have great surgeons out here.
Does everyone have a rheumatologist?

2 Likes

I’m glad the surgeon helped :)

2 Likes

I do not have a rheumatologist but I am considering going to one. My primary has been doing well and while he was I just thought I didn’t need another doctor. I know he is trying but my pain is getting to me lately.
I have just had so much going on lately it has been hard to add one more thing to my plate.
Do you go to a rheumatologist? If so is it going good for you?
Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

2 Likes

Tes I have an nurse practitioner who has taught me more about RA than all the others I’ve had. Have a Dr in office who I see occasionally. But in Beaumont Tx so don’t know where you are. Had a very good one in Clear Lake but got long trip so much.

4 Likes

No I don’t have a rheumatologist, I live in western Colorado in a very small town , we have two doctors
And I see both of them , they share a practice.
I have to go to the city for most of my bloodwork etc.

2 Likes

No I don’t have A rheumatologist ,but was thinking about it
:)

2 Likes

I am in Abilene, Tx

1 Like