Anyone with ankylosing spondylitis?

Hi all, I was diagnosed almost two years ago, just looking for others. I’ve had back pain since my teens

2 Likes

I’ve had that since I was 24 years old how long have you had it and how are you doing now

2 Likes

I’m ok today, just some hip pain. I started Humira a few months back and I think it’s helping. I still flare a lot though. I’m always tired. You?

a I have ankylosing about as long as I’ve had my rheumatoid arthritis doctors got me on steroids

1 Like

medications probably making you tired call

medication always makes me weak and tired that’s why I don’t like taking it

Hey, my fatigue is mostly from fibromyalgia.

I am posting this because my son was diagnosed in 2018. He just turned 38 in Oct. We had never heard of this until then. I tell you we have had a lot since 2009. My sister found out she had FSHD a form of Muscular Dystrophy which she was born with and her Neurologist told that it was rare in women, then later that year our older son has it they are missing certain gene it’s a mothers nightmare because there’s nothing you can do. My youngest son can’t turn without turning his whole body. His Dr. put him on pain meds that he says do pretty good they don’t make him tired or run down. How has your AS effected you.

1 Like

I was misdiagnosed with RA for most of my life (I’ll be 35 on Saturday), and just recently discovered I had spondyloarthropathy. Took years to find a rheumatologist who cared enough to help. I’ve been on methotrexate and sulfasalazine, but didn’t react well to either. Starting Cimzia today actually, which I’ve heard good things about.

I hate methotrexate. It caused me to get get worse each week . I was on the injections. My doctor finally took me off and now I’m using orencia injection once a week. I’ve been using for about 3 months. I’m slowly getting better. Pain in my ankles have been pretty severe but using Tylenol extra strength helps to ease some of the pain. Talking to the lord gives me the most relief. Only healer is Jesus, doctors only medicate. So I’d rather keep my faith in the healer.