Anger management

Can anyone help with anger management. I noticed myself getting annoyed and want to see what can be done before it gets out of control. Thanks.

3 Likes

The more depressed I get the more irritable, agitated, annoyed, etc I get. Have to really work hard to keep my mouth in check but it doesn’t always work and my husband gets the brunt end of it. So the quicker I can get my depression back in check the better. Oh and I always let my husband know what is going on. Don’t know if this helps, just my experience. Hang in there and lots of hugs. You’re not alone.

4 Likes

Good Morning!
I have 2 great news for you Shorty!!!
First, the fact that you admitted you had this issue and took a huge chance and putting it out for others to see is Awesome. And Second is that you arent seeking pity or playing a victem, you are asking for help.
CONGRATULATIONS! Those are the 2 most difficult hurdles u have to get over before to can begin to make any progress. Work on having patience and managing your time…ever try meditation and mindfullness? The more patience you can train your mind to have, the less anger u might feel. Just a suggestion. Good Luck.

4 Likes

Thanks. That could be it. I’m just realizing the it’s getting bad. Don’t want my husband to see it. It usually happens driving and at work. I too need to watch my mouth. Uufff

2 Likes

Wow. Thanks for those words. No I never thought about that. Sounds interesting.

2 Likes

Shorty, anger management, a big one in my family, my son once bent the steering wheel in his truck because it wouldn’t start. My daughter had to buy 2 windshields throwing her phones in them.
I scream a lot, used to throw things, until I went to my psychiatrist and got help.
Not saying that is what you need, as you can see short tempers run in our family, I don’t think I drive any where with out signaling to someone.
My grandson 15 has been angry all his life he’s a middle child, I can remember him in diapers getting so mad that veins were bulging on his face and neck. The divorce didn’t help, I ask him how he was doing with it, he told me that wrestling was helping him.

1 Like

I walk, not saying this will work for you but helps me. I face my self and if I should be so anger and why, Alone time. I lose Wigh too. God bless

1 Like

Sounds like “intermediate rage issues”.

1 Like

Do u like to read or listen to quiet music with headphones when I get angry I read my bible and listen to quiet music

2 Likes

I take anxiety medication and meditate

1 Like

Amen!
The Bible seems to help🙏🏿

1 Like

I take 3 or 4, 5htp, twice daily, whatever it takes to calm me down. I’ve been using them for the past 5 years every since my open heart surgery. Rage issues run in my family as well, however, wasnt taught healthy coping mechanisms. When I feel my blood starting to boil I change my environment pronto, and chase all distractions and trigger points away from me. Hope this helps…

1 Like