Always had a weight problem

Hi my name is Melissa. I have been dealing with my weight my whole life. I am now the biggest i have ever been. I weigh 435lbs. I would love to start to lose weight. I have heart failure, high blood pressure, and thyroid problems. About 4 years ago is when I started gaining the weight. I need help getting motivated. My family does not help me. My goal would be 150lbs

15 Likes

Melissa,
You may be a good candidate for bariatric surgery. It would jump start your weight loss efforts and would end up helping to eliminate other health issues.

Best of luck,
Bobby D.

7 Likes

Have they check your sugar it might be a little off if you need to I believe Victoza is the best thing to use because it was for me that help me start losing weight I got off my sugar medicine which was Victoza and I got off my high blood pressure medicine God bless you and I will pray for you have a great day

7 Likes

I saw where someone recommended gastric bypass if you check into you can’t eat nothing with the skin on it but you will have to have another operation and you can only eat like 2 ounces of food and water do that several times a day and you got to get something that’s highest in protein I think it is so please check it out before you do it God bless you

6 Likes

I have all those problems + diabetes and they took me I had it for years all that stuff and you know and them so they finally put me on Victoza I forget what four years ago and that’s brought my sugar down before they took me off my diabetes medicine and My cholesterol medicine and I understand about family cuz me and my son are depressed can I know how it is just hang on to God if you got him listen to gospel music listened to preachers I like les FELDICK has an app on the phone you could go through internet and you have to concentrate on what he’s showing you God bless you and he’ll help you bye

5 Likes

Hi Melissa,
Our story is almost the same! I’m at my heaviest. You and I are the same weight and have the same weight goal. I’ve started the Bariatric Process several times and would get cold feet but now that my daughter is going to have the procedure done I had to put my fear aside to help motivate her. We have until March 2019 to lose 30 lbs. She’s lost 6lbs and I’ve lost 7. Eating vegan-like(no meat, no dairy) is what has helped me so far and eating breakfast and salads has helped my daughter and using the 21 Day Fix containers are helping both of us. It’s not easy Melissa! I’ve been trying all my life and it has been like a roller coaster. I can’t take it anymore so now I’m desperate to get the surgery!!! We have to make up our minds and just try and stick to it! You and I can challenge each other. If you’re ready…let’s do this! Don’t give up! We can do it Melissa! Please let me know if you’re up for the challenge. Happy Holidays!!

9 Likes

I would have the surgery done but 2 years ago i had my gallbladder taken out and my heart stopped beating for a little bit. I never want to go through that again. When the doctor told us all i could do wad think about my kids and husband.

3 Likes

Kay i am up for any challenge at this point but surgery is off the table for me. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year

3 Likes

Melissa,
I know exactly how you feel about surgery. Believe it or not July 2017 I undergone surgery and had to be induced into a coma. I’m frightened to death about surgery again but I’m praying that GOD will bring me out again bc I’m doing this bc my family needs me. We can start the challenge whenever you’re ready. I’ll share tips and ideas with you that we’re getting from our nutritionist and we can check on each other weekly to see if we’re on target. Are you ok with that???

5 Likes

Kay that sounds great with me. We can start whenever u want 2. Thanks for the support. A weekly check in would be great.

4 Likes

Hi Melissa. I too have had a heart attack, have high blood pressure, I also have high cholesterol, sleep apnea, acid reflux, osteoarthritis etc…
My goal weight is 140. I’m 236 now. At my heavies tbh I was 250. I’m a candidate for surgery and I’m probably going to do it. Jumping through a lot of hoops right now to get ready. The hardest thing is Re-teaching your body and mind what is full for you. The first month no lies you will feel hungry. But after a while you will get fuller sooner. Learner to stop eating BEFORE you get to that FULL feeling is key. Like with food when we cook it… Heat carries over. Same with food. Your food has to process. So if you wait until youre full full, then you’ll feel stuffed. I hate that feeling. If u stop before and give your body time to process, you’ll be
Comfortable full. I put my fork down in between bites, and chew every bit of my food before I take more. And sip water. Ive cut rice, potatoes, bread, candy, soda, pasta from my diet. No fast food, and drink a shake for breakfast and lunch, have a small dinner and a protein bar or Greek yogurt in between lunch and dinner.
Its definitely hard to do. Especially since exercise is hard for me. But I’m sticking to it. Even when I cheat. I just start right back over same day!
You can do it. If you’d like an accountability partner lets connect on FB.

7 Likes

Hi Melissa, i know just how you feel. I was the same way so I ended up having weight loss surgery; my cardiologist said that I would not live to see my then 9 yr old daughter turn 10; that was more than enough motivation. But, success was not to be in my book, I did loose about a good 200 pounds but currently am stuck at 262-264, I cannot seem to go lower. I know it is hard especially with no family to help. Have you looked into homemaker services or even a good friend that might be able to assist you?

I will do my best to be your encouraging voice if you would allow me and we can work on getting healthy and lighter together.

6 Likes

Talk to your physician about the Keto, I love it and I’ve gone from 329 to 293 since October so I’m down 36#. I can do better, but it’s a start.

4 Likes

Hi Melissa!
I hope your New Year is off to a great start! I’m ready to start the challenge if you are. Let’s try this: Start with 2 S.M.A.R.T short-term goals to follow from January 7 until January 27. Your goals are S.M.A.R.T. bc they need to be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely. One goal will be food related and the other an exercise goal and drink at least 8 cups of water per day. For example my food related goal is to eat 5 servings of green leafy vegetables at least 4 times per week. My exercise goal is to walk for 30 minutes at least 4 times per week. Melissa let your goals meet your needs. On Jan. 7 and Jan. 27 check your weight and take measurements of your chest, waist, and thigh. If you see any difference we’re on the right track! Also here are some alternatives to try: water with Crystal Light packs instead of soda, veggie chips instead of potato chips, dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, whole wheat bread instead of white bread, and brown rice instead of white rice. Please try to plan and prepare your meals for the week. I know we can’t change everything all at once but if we want things to change we have to do something different. I also know it’s a lot but I really hope this helps and is not too overwhelming! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Best of luck Melissa!

5 Likes

I see a these posts about the surgery I have to do it the hard way I’m rooting for you Melissa. You can do this - I’ve never been skinny but I’m trying to get down to 180 - baby steps first I’m going to try to get down to 200 I made a board with motivation quotes and pictures I cut from magazines of people working out or anything that appeals to me I’ve started to set up a schedule starting slow started at 10 minutes and increase it every 2 weeks (this is my plan I haven’t done it all yet still working on the board) but that’s how I’m going to do it

I have no one to motivate me I have to do this for myself I’m always the one taking care of every one

So there you have it Melissa hugs

5 Likes

Hi Melissa!
Just checking on you to see how things are going. Hope all is well.

2 Likes

I had the surgery and it dose help but it only as good as you work it. I have gained back all my Wright and then some. So think real hard before you do it.I also had to have many more surgery after that because of problem from the first one. now have to work on taking off the weight that I have gained back.

3 Likes

I’ll give you a short startup method. Keep a little book near you and write down everything you eat. I guarantee it will cut down on how much you eat and what choices you make. Works every time! Good luck I’m starting the journey with you.

3 Likes

Kay i am doing good. I have lost 5lbs so far. Thanks for checking up on me

2 Likes

Yesterday. In my quest to feel
Better I. Ca me home with a
News that they found a hole in
My heart. I have been slow at. Everything. My weight working hard has gone from 230 to 199
Each pound has been a milestone but I take it one day at a time my best thought is I’m worth it just keep moving 50 more pounds to go!!

3 Likes