I’m so young and I have them when I was 7

1 Like

I was diagnosed at age 4.

1 Like

Doctors told me that they are hertidty.

2 Likes

Sometime when I fixed to start mine period mine head started hurt

1 Like

My daughter is 7 she has been having them for a year. Her dad has paraplegic migraines and i also have migraines. I am also sure my 4 year old is starting to have them.

2 Likes

You would be surprised how young you can be to get migraines and there’s so many medications out there now that they’re trying there’s one old medication that I can take. All the other medications that are out there I’m allergic to I have 53 allergies to medications but I’m not allergic to a nasal spray I’m not going to say the brand name because it is very addicting and if your doctor wants you to be put on it you can ask for about a nasal spray

2 Likes

Technically, infants can get them, but in children they can present with abdominal symptoms and sometimes pain in the head isn’t reported. I started getting them around 8 years of age.

2 Likes

I started having them around 3, my son started having them about that age also.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Paola and I’ve suffered with migraines at a very young age. I do take shots and it does help a little I can go weeks with them to where I have to go to the ER and it’s the worst pain ever.

Age varies from one person to another. I didn’t have them till my early 20’s. I’m in my late 40’s now and have been on just about every medication there is. Currently I’m on a regimen of medication and receive Botox shots every 3 months. Not much has helped reduce the number of Migraines I get a month but the meds have lessoned the intensity of them.

1 Like

It can run in your family I know all my kids have them so it’s no certain age my kids been having them for a long time ever since they were small.

I have had them since I was 4 but the doctor suspected it started sooner.

I’ve had migraines since I was about 7 or 8. My mom used to get migraines for 10 days straight caused by high altitude and home sickness combined. Now she gets a type of migraine that shows up as stroke like symptoms, slurred speech, paralysis of one side of the face, confusion. It’s called hemo… something. I can’t remember the whole name just part of it. My migraines now pretty much stem from my neck problems. If I have my head down/bent downwards for too long I end up with severe neck pain and neck problems. Unfortunately there is nothing g that can be done for my neck problems I just have to deal with the pain when the Imitrez doesn’t work.

I started getting my migraines at age 6

I’d say old enough to get a headache. My son is 15 he’s had them for several years. I e us them the majority of my life. They e just gotten worse as I’ve aged. My daughter who’s 20, she’s also had them for several years. But they do run in my family. Mostly the girls though. My son is the first boy in a while to get them.

What shots do you get?

I was diagnosed when I was little, same with my sister. Nothing ever really worked except for Imitrex. I used to be able to get enough pills on a prescription to last me 1 month, then I wound get Now, however, you are limited to 9 pills per month.
I went to see a different Neurologist and he changed my medication to AIMOVIG. 1 shot per month that I give to myself! All I
Can say is I finally have a life. I still get migraines, but they are down to 4-5 per month and then I will take an Imitrex. Thank you Amovig and the Neurologist who prescribed it!!!

My youngest has a migrainic stomach. The formal name for this is Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. She started at 2 and the servere attacks lasted until she was around 20. We spent many a day at the hospital and many times she would spend a few days there. She stopped having servere attacks after her first child but she still suffers from the migraines.