Afraid to post here not the most inviting

Afraid to post this here but willing to take a leap of faith. This claims to be a religion and spirituality board but all I see here is Christianity this concerns me as there is so much more to life than believing in some false God that has never existed in fact we have been since beginngless time and once you’re free from the fetters of believing in some controlling spirit in the sky you can explore how to free yourself from the suffering of this world. It is a path, it is a long path it may take many lifetimes to come to the realization‘s necessary to free yourself from samsara but it is a possibility as long as we dedicate this precious human life to following the path of liberation. We must first realize the Four Noble Truths:

1. The truth of suffering
  2. The truth of the cause of suffering
  3. The truth of the cessation of suffering
  4. The truth of the path to the cessationof suffering

The Noble Eightfold Path

1. Right view
  2. Right intention
  3. Right speech
  4. Right Action
  5. Right Livelihood
  6. Right Effort
  7. Right Mindfulness
  8. Right Meditation
5 Likes

Your right!! There are a lot of Christians who believe in the Triuine God on Care Zone.I don’t think that’s anything to be ashamed of…I am a Catholic and also as well as Jesus Christ, God the Father ,and the Holy Spirit believe in the Queen of Heaven and Earth the Blessed Virgin Mary who can also do miracles as at Fatima, Lourdes, and Mexico and many other places…She is our comforter and spiritual mother. I also believe in all the Saints who lived and died for God and his holy sin Jesus Christ…I have 3 sons…one is a protestant, one is an atheist and one doesn’t believe God does anything to help him. He thinks he does every thing by himself…he doesn’t realize every thing he has is a gift from God, including his talents and his succeses…there is a God, a Heaven and He’ll whether anyone believes in him or them or not…at the end of the day, we don’t know when we are going to die…then we will be judged by Jesus Christ for all our deeds down here on earth and will go to Paradise or Hell which ever we deserve… God is our final Judge…this is what Catholics all over the globe believe and partly the rest of Christians…I will pray for you as I do for my 3 sons…God protect you, may he bless you, and he always loves you!

4 Likes

I do not feel this forum is uninviting just because people believe differently than I do. In fact I feel it is inviting in the sense that you can openly share with some anonymity if you are not an extrovert.
I am not Catholic - I am Protestant - but I believe in God’s (the Father) Word in the Bible, the Father’s Son (Jesus) and God’s Holy Spirit that lives within those that believe Jesus died for their sins to help them live a daily Godly life. In the Bible it states the only way to Heaven (God’s home) is through His son, Jesus, and believing that He died for our sins.
I know this is slightly different than the Catholic belief. I hope the Catholics do not feel threatened by my sharing of my beliefs. I also hope you don’t either. It is good to look at others’ beliefs and determine if they can be refuted or not. The truth will remain and stand the test of time.
Personally, I have not found any “religion” or ‘spiritual belief’ that allows me to have a personal relationship with the Deity (Jesus) that chose to die for me!! I have some really loyal friends, but I do not know that they would even die for me. Knowing that He loved me that much (and not seeing that in any other belief system) has been an overwhelming draw to what I believe.

4 Likes

I am open to everyone’s beliefs. I’m sorry if you feel like this group is uninviting. I don’t believe any of us intend to make anyone feel that way. Each person is free to share what they believe in and how it makes them feel.

I want to let you know you are welcome here. We may not all share the same beliefs and we may discuss the differences and the whys of what we each do believe in but by no means intend to make anyone feel like they don’t belong or have a right to feel the way they do.

We are all here to support each other!! No matter our illnesses, faults, or any other differences. I am here for you of you need me!!

4 Likes

This is exactly why I was afraid to post here. I did not ask you to share your beliefs with me as I do not care, I also did not ask you to waste your time in prayer for me. I myself was once a ”christian” and completely fettered by belief in a god and all that entails. I was also once lost in samsara like you and just trying to tread water always wondering why such a god would allow us to suffer so. Then I discovered Buddhism and it so resonated with me and all I tried to do was share a little of my belief here and the first reaction was for you to assail me with your beliefs and a threat of prayer as if you were somehow attacked by my sharing of my beliefs.

1 Like

I am a christian and very proud to be. God created us and the earth. Being a christian gives you peace and love. If more people served God there would be less hatered and violence in the world today…God loves all of us whether you believe in him or not

4 Likes

People like you need to follow God. Don’t like what we say then stay off of here…

1 Like

You are proof positive if my title of my first post not inviting. I do not need to follow some false creation of a deluded mind.

Any spiritual belief system is welcome in this forum. And yes there are many Christians here with common beliefs. However, sharing your own beliefs certainly seemed like an invitation for others to share their own. If there is another way you would like to be supported please share that info and no doubt we will do our best to help. But if we have no idea what you are looking for, then you should not be upset with us. I hope that your higher power, whatever or whomever that might be helps you with your needs.

4 Likes

There is no higher power than yourself. So yes I do just great by myself.

1 Like

Are you sure you are Buddhist? I can’t believe that with some of the responses you have given to people on here who have offered prayer or have beliefs different than your. The Buddhists, including Buddhist monks, believe in pacifism in all aspects.
No one here is attacking you by saying God Bless and offering prayer for you. If you do not believe as they do why do you feel threatened by them?
As a chaplain I am familiar with most faiths, including Buddhism. If I am wrong please advise me.

4 Likes

I am sorry did I threaten someone with violence I do not believe I did. There has not been one thing in what I have said that indicates that I am other than Buddhist including being non violent or pacifists as you have wrongly interpreted how Buddhist believe we believe in non violence not pacificity we do not just roll over. I am simply standing strong for what I believe. I am not perfect none of us are and every day is a battle to work on ourselves. Did I claim to be enlightened no I did not now if I had responded the way I have and claimed to be enlightened I could understand your aversion to my responses. Not all Buddhists are the same just like not all Muslims are the same. Are all christians the same?

1 Like

Your attitude is overly aggressive. “I do not care”. “You assail my…a threat of prayer”. “false creation of a deluded mind”. I never said that you threatened anyone. I did say you appeared to feel threatened by people offer to pray for you to their god.
I misstated my comment about pacifism. I know that Buddhists aren’t total pacifists. I have studied martial arts and had martial arts competitions with many during my lifetime. However, I do know that they do not have any problem with other people practicing their faith freely. When I would ask them to pray with me in various settings they would always be respectful and allow/afford me that request. Just as I would meditate with them, remove my shoes, place a wrap over my body, etc when visiting their home or temples in Japan. I lived there for 9 years and called many Buddhists my friend. They would even attend church with me on special occasions.
They never assailed me verbally as you did these good people here. As my mom used to say “if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all”. I think we are all acquainted with that saying. Now, if you want to calmly talk with someone about your belief or how you feel when someone says something to you, please, feel free to share that with us. If you are going to go on a tirade or become excessively rude, see mom’s statement.
I intend no offence toward you, but I do ask the same from you.

Sincerely and with love,
Chaplain Wade

4 Likes

First your experience with Japanese Buddhists is not typical of most other Buddhists, Japanese Buddhists are known to be the liberal of all Buddhist. There monks still drink and take wives which both are big no nos with other sects. I do apologize if I seem aggressive. The deluded mind comment if you truly know Buddhist beliefs should have be recognized by you as we believe that the belief of a god is in fact the result of a deluded mind not a stab at the poster.

1 Like

I’m Jewish , but your right not a lot of other faiths on this board.

2 Likes

Well if this is christian only I’m sure in the wrong place. christians (lower case deliberate) aren’t what they used to be and I certainly don’t want to be associated with them anymore.

I am sorry that you all feel that way. I have recognized that there are a lot of openly praying and praising Christians on here also. I also do not like the fact that some of them feel the need to “push” their beliefs on others. I prefer gatherings where people of all faiths (or no faith) can feel comfortable speaking together. If the topic turns to religions, gods, belief systems and such and the people show respect for other people’s ideas.
When I lived in AZ I would get together with other chaplains and leaders in faith organizations. It was always intellectually and spiritually inspiring. This community allows people to start their own threads to speak with the people and subjects that they are looking for. Don’t hate the app, please don’t hate the people and please don’t hate the subject of faith. Be blessed.

3 Likes

I thought this was regarding our health care, medication & other thing’s maintaining our Health why is everyone discussing RELIGION?? I am not here for RELIGION I am here for HEALTH & Medication question’s & Concern’s…

1 Like

Because this is the religion and Spirituality forum of the App

3 Likes

Oh ok my apologies I didn’t realize…

2 Likes