Afib probable

Hello all
I seen my doc yesturday and i explain my symptoms. He listen to my atrory and said that i was having irregular heart beats. Since it is early that it may be fixable. Now i am a little worried. My wife had it and she is now gone due to multiple failures. I would ask her about it but caint. Can anyone explain?

2 Likes

AFib is more common than people think. It puts you at risk for having a stroke and other heart problems. Irregular heart beat does not necessarily mean you are in afib. AFib needs to be confirmed with an EKG. Once diagnosed, it is important to be on a anticoagulant to prevent blood clots.

1 Like

I will check with a cardiologist. I just went to er but it did not show on ekg. They even did a stress test. Was told i was ok. But the heart racing is ther and then goes back to regular.it has happened about 3xs in the ladt 2mths.

1 Like

Just to confuse the matters even more I was diagnosed with AFB via ekg stress test etc. for years. Confirmed in September I know longer have AFB and I was never given a blood thinner. However I am completely dependent on my pacemaker. I have no explanation of the AFB healing after ten years except for God.

3 Likes

Glad to hear about that. Well I will pray without cessing.

3 Likes

He told me it may be a quik fix since it is a new development.

2 Likes

Just keep your doctor apprised of it. Sometimes when the EKG is done you will not have the problem.
To find mine the doctor did a Halter monitor. I had a internal loop recorder placed 9-11-11 which was removed 9-11-18.
In the begining I had a scheduled medication which helped. Recently my cardiologist took me off of that by tapering off. He was concerned about a problem I was having with a cough which he said was a side effect of yhat medication.
Now I have as needed medication. I can feel it when my heart races, it even wakes me up. So I just take my medication and note it in my jorunel what date, time, and what I was doing. When I see my cardiologist I give him all the information. He assures me I am doing good due to my diligence of journaling.
I hope this has been of some help to you. Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

3 Likes

Thank you. It was informative. And I will. Stay healthy. May God Bless you! Hugs

Make sure your magnesium and potassium levels are not low. Those two drugs regulate heart rates.
I had a heart transplant 2017.

Rob

2 Likes

Thanks it migth be helpful.

1 Like

I had a double bypass surgery in 1996, and I survived, without blood, just plasma. I’m alive today because of the Lord Jesus Christ 🙏 and faith in doctors. I’m not going to tell you, who to trust, but the first one is the Almighty God. He was the one know will be there for me when everyone else has given up. I know the doctors have there Job, but God has his, and he is faithful all the time.

Doctors don’t believe in God 🙏 but I put my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ 🙏😇 💖, he is the one that call, for help. I’ve had breast cancer and survived, without having any other treatments, and I am here now. I’ve had 6 Strokes and many Caesars and I died on the table but they had to use the pattles but I laspt into a coma for 4 months, until God blessed me with my life. That was in 2013, in Atlanta Georgia, I was fine until the that, happened to me. I’m back where, I started from, home with my family and friends and grandchildren, I’m blessed everyday with my life. Amen

1 Like

Great testimony of faith

Good point about potassium. I’ve been given potassium since June of 2018. My PCP caught the problem not my ex cardiologist.

I have 5 Drs and 9 nurses that believe in God! Covenant Medical Center in Lubbock Tx is a Christian faith based hospital.

2 Likes

I have 5 Drs and 9 nurses that believe in God! Covenant Medical Center in Lubbock Tx is a Christian faith hospital.

1 Like

Sorry about the repeat. My phone said that the post didn’t work the first time.

It is ok

1 Like

Funny…pcp catches things my cardiologist miss

2 Likes

AINT that the truth!

1 Like

Thank you Robert 😊 for your kindness towards me ❤️🙏 Hallelujah