Adjustable "start date/time" of med reminder

On the reminders, can the start time of meds be added to be more specific when starting the reminders?

I just picked up my meds before the pharmacy closed at night and then took my first dose before entering all the information into the app. The app tells me I missed the morning dose. Of course I did, because i did not have the meds yet. Technically I did not miss a dose, but the app thinks I did. I don’t know how to correct this since I do want to take my meds twice a day. The only solution I see is to leave it as a missed dose, because I don’t want to lie that I did take it. Seeing this reminder of a missed dose tells me I am noncompliant or otherwise a bad patient…and seeing the missed doses feeds this horrible message to my subconscious. Please help me be more positive with myself and tell me how I can have the reminders start upon taking my first dose.

For now, I turned off the reminders because I want to show my brain only positive messages, especially when I don’t feel good. Anything for a healthier me!

Thanks for listening!

I also need to customize my medicine schedule. I start at 5am and end at 10pm with doses scattered throughout the day. I also have 2 meds that I only take twice a week. It gets very frustrating. I also have meds that my doctor prescribed for their side effects and not for the usual reasons and I would like to beable to customize this area too.

Great idea. A related issue is in dealing with the “take as needed” meds. I see no way to show how to input when it was taken and have it recorded.

Use the Journal. Tap/click on More (bottom right of screen), then Journal. It automatically stamps with date and time.

Hi @SteveMorrell—I’m happy to share how to note and record when your as needed meds are taken:

Please find helpful instructions in the community link below:

https://community.carezone.com/t/as-needed-medications/7329/4

If you run into issues (or were looking for help with something else), just reply in the above link or send an Inbox message through your app.

Thanks so much!

—Ivy
Community Manager