Addicted diabetic husband

my husband is addicted to sugar and tobacco. uses his daughter to get those items when I refused to buy them for him. he refuses to acknowledge the time the trouble that this will cause him in his health

3 Likes

He is an adult and can make his own choices, and live with the consequences. However, as this affects you too, I agree with your decision to not purchase items that are detrimental to his health. I would talk with the daughter that is enabling him to do that which is detrimental to his health. If at that does not work, it doesn’t sound like there is much you can do about it. While I DO NOT advocate being mean, I would do my best ro limit my assistance to your husband to the bare minimum (I say rhis because I don’t know how much of your assistance he requires due to his condition). I wish I had better input to provide. Perhaps this is helpful for you and your resolve. Please let us know how things are going.

4 Likes

I have a daughter that is the same with pasta, and sweets. I finally gave up and tell her its your legs if you want to keep them or not its up to you. She now lives with her father who gives her whatever she wants just to shut her up. I had to wash my hands of her.

1 Like

Oh shes 28 by the way

My Dad’s name was Hazel Luke and he was a type one diabetic. He also went through a faze where he would not follow his diet and it caused all sort of heartache for my mother and I. But he eventually grew out of it. I lost my Dad in 2002 at the age of 69. He had a coronary heart attach brought on as a result of his diabetes. I lost my Mother in 2007 from stage 4 breast cancer. I will pray for you and your husband!!

2 Likes

Wow, that is different. I have never known a man to be named Hazel. I am sorry that he is gone but I understand.
My parents are gone and I don’t want to deal with loosing my In-laws and my husband so closely. His parents are in their 80’s and who knows how long they will remain viable. Thanks for replying.