A1c is bad

Got my results today. It is really bad 15.0. I don’t know what I’m doing. I know I get depressed alot and I know that can affect my blood sugar. Either I eat or I don’t eat.its not the same every day. I’m so sad. If I eat in the morning it’s like I can not stop all day eating. So I try and not eat then I eat nothing all day just drink water. I’m so sick of this disease.

4 Likes

I think perhaps talking to your doctor about a custom diet plan might help. Also I found a lot of useful information at the American Diabetes Association (www.diabetes.org). I hope that helps.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that your a1c is 15.0! With that said, now you need to make some drastic changes in your life. Exercise as much as you can, eat healthier and avoid sweets/carbs like they are the plague. Check your blood sugar 4 times a day before meals and at bedtime assuming you are on or will be on insulin. This should be a definite wakeup call. You cannot let diabetes take control of your life like this. Be proactive and communicate with your doctors. Dont let diabetes consume your life. Find a support group in your area. There many out there. If you dont have one, request to see an endocrinologist and ask questions. If you dont understand make sure you do before you leave the doctors office.

7 Likes

I am sorry to hear about your A1c level. Talk with your doctor to get extra help. When I was diagnosed the doctor recommended that I go see a dietitian and go to a school on how to control my diet. The dietician gave me a plan on how much carb intake and how many calories I should take in each day. Walking is a good way of burning off carbs.

4 Likes

I was having trouble until I started seeing a dietitian that helped me better understand how eating, stress, and depression interact with what I eat and when. Also exercise is important but a lot is not necessary. I started walking a circle in my back yard. I started with 1 circle and added 1 each time I walked 3 times a week. I lost 42 pounds and got my A1C down to 6.0 and I know you can do it too. 🙏🙏🙏🙏 for help and healing and come here for support.

5 Likes

I have found besides diet and exorcise that a continuous glucose monitor has helped me tons. My A1C was 12.6. My most recent A1C was 6.4. It is one of the greatest tools I have ever used. Speak to your endo about it. Maybe that can help your A1C like it helped me.

2 Likes

Mine has been pretty high also 13 1211 my main thing is I got to take my medicine sometimes I forget but I’m getting better at it keep your head up how long have you had the disease I’ve had it since I was 28 20 years now don’t give up

2 Likes

are you talkin to your doctor they also have programs to help you to learn how to eat go to your local hospital and ask for classes

3 Likes

2008 when I had a heart attack. I’m was 53.

Get a book and read up on A1c you hv to eat right and watch your carbs gt plenty of rest and talk to your Dr to see what u can do,and do it ASAP b4 things foe wrong with your body!!!

1 Like

Yes!!!for sure do the right thing

1 Like

I walk 2 to 3 Days a week I try yo but some times I can and sometimes I done want to but o do walk. Lol

1 Like

I have DMII also. And I am a sugar addict. I have a really hard time not living on carbs and sugar. Even tho’ I worked in the health field, the classes I took on nutrition really opened my eyes as to how to eat wiser.
And I have arthritis in various joints, especially my spine. That prevents me from doing much walking or weight bearing exercises. But thru physical therapy, I have learned that even lying on the floor doing simple exercises helps keep my muscles and joints in better shape. Along with helping to keep my sugar down.
So, keep trying, dont give up. See about getting some help with nutrition choices. Talk to your dr or a counselor. If you are depressed, you may need medication to help elevate your mood, so you will want to help yourself more.
God bless, and walk one day at a time.

1 Like

Did your doctor check your vitamin d3? If it is low it can affect your mood. Try to get some exercise. That helps your mood and diabetes.

1 Like