A little about me

Hi. My name is Charlie. I’m 53 and was diagnosed with RRMS in May 2003. Over that time I’ve only had one serious attack.

Although I have a constellation of symtoms, most are invisible to most except my family. By this I mean that most people wouldn’t know that I have MS.

For most of my MS life, I have been on Copaxone with few side effects. That said, I often think about stopping for no reason other than I’m tired of MS meds. I’m also worried about potential long-term side effects. I have an upcoming doctor’s appt during which I will discuss this.

Until next time. Take care.

Charlie

2 Likes

I also have Relapsing and Remitting MS. I was diagnosed about 15 years ago, but by history we figure I’ve had it since I was 22. Today is my 70th birthday.

I was on Rebif for about 2 years and decided to stop after talking with my doctor. For me it has worked out well. But I did have skin reactions to the shots I took 3 times a week.

Just remember that it is your life and only you should decide how you want to live it.

2 Likes

Hi Debbie. Yes, stopping a medication is a personal decision. I know my neurologist would look at me as if I have two heads if I told her that I was considering stopping but you’re right, it’s my life.

All the best,

Charlie

2 Likes