25 year old breast cancer

Hi! I’m new to this app. I am a 25 year old and I’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer. No family history, my genetics are all negative and normal. HER2 negative 90% positive estrogen, 30% progesterone positive. I’ve had 4 different biopsies. I am lymph node positive & tomorrow I go in for a bone scan. I am still undergoing staging/work up but am scheduled for chemo first since my lymph nodes are involved. I have worked in/with cancer since middle school. Middle school = dance team fundraisers/walks for Susan G. Komen, High school = started a school assembly with Locks for Love/Pantene Beautiful lengths to get classmates to donate (I’ve personally donated my hair 6 times), College = I was the public relations manager for Love Your Melon at UW-Madison, Career = I am currently a Clinical Research Coordinator at Froedtert and the Medical College Cancer Center, mainly working with hematologic cancers (myeloma, leukemia, lymphoma). I’m due to start chemo (12 weeks of Taxol) on Jan 20th. I’m anxious but so ready to get started and get this out of my body! My next steps are surgery followed by radiation. I’ve got a long road ahead of me!

4 Likes

Welcome, stay positive. My mom was a 21 year breast cancer survivor, in February I will be at 8 years for colon cancer. Good luck😊

2 Likes

Always stay positive! Eat a good diet. My best friend is a Breast Cancer Survivor 15 years now and her lymph nodes under her armpit was also involved. Keep a Positive Attitude and I will Pray for your Healing.
I myself have Survived Cervical Cancer while pregnant with my son and I live today 36 years survivor and my son survived also. Keep Believing! Keep Positive! You will win this battle and have a full life.

3 Likes

I am also a breast cancer survivor. It’s been 9 1/2 years. I had lymph nodes involved as well It’s ok to be worried, but stay active. Radiation was the toughest part for me. Hang in there and keep in touch!

3 Likes

My God be holding your hand, and guiding all the doctors and nurses. My prayers are with you, much love keep positive.

3 Likes

I am a survivor of Breast Cancer, without chemo and radiation treatments, just had a lumpectomy in 2005, I take any medicine for the cancer, I have to have the x-rays every year, and they all come back clean. This God’s blessings to you, and his grace and mercy for me. Amen 🙏😇💖😁🤗🥰🙏💯👏

4 Likes

Glad it is working out. Due to family history, mammogram yearly, knock on wood all is good. Colonoscopy every 3 years all have been clear. Stay strong

1 Like

We are a research group at Georgia tech,As part of a project research, we are trying to understand the psychological challenges and emotional experience involved in breast cancer survivorship. This is a quick anonymous survey for survivors and caregivers. It would be great if we could better understand your experience and contribute to developing solutions for breast cancer survivors. Please go to https://forms.gle/KRJPYrUpUG8wEEsM7 for the survey