16 yr Breast Cancer Survivor

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a 16 yr breast cancer survivor. 🤞🏻I had stage 2.3 with 3 lymph nodes involved at 32, so life became crappy early . Was not fun to say the least but it did teach me a lot. Live everyday like YOU want to. And don’t put up with nobody’s 💩!😬

9 Likes

I’m a 9-year survivor. I was diagnosed 6 weeks before my wedding with triple positive, stage 3 breast cancer with 1 lymph node involved. I had a lumpectomy, and did chemo and radiation when I returned from my honeymoon. Cancer sucks!

4 Likes

Awe, yes it does. I found the lump on my sons 2nd bday party. Sucked so bad. But here we are today.😬

3 Likes

Yes, here’s to surviving!!

3 Likes

I was 39 years old and had a right breast mastectomy. Since I was a single mother of high school kids I had to get back to work and back to life quickly. I am now 75 years old and still kicking it. Life is precious and I am thankful every day.

1 Like

That’s amazing, may I ask, did you ever get rid of that fear that can’t really be explained? I think today I have severe PTSD but just when it comes to going to a Doctor. It literally still scares the ever loving crap out of me. I do great most of the time but I question every test I’m given and it’s not good because it scares me so bad I stop doing the things I either should or would. I am better though today, 16 years later. I can throw it over my shoulders and carry on but that changes with any doc appt. I finally got a Fitbit because if I know your taking my blood pressure 😂🤣 It’s going up as they put the cuff on. I do think I’m getting better now but there’s still so much fear and I really want it gone. And my blood pressure is perfect when I’m not thinking about it. I wasted 12 years literally scared to death. It’s now 16 yrs and of coarse I should feel so happy to be alive and I am but I’m still so scared. A level of fear nobody wants.

1 Like

And 2 years ago my mom died of Melanoma, in the house with hospice. I live with my parents because when I had breast cancer my sons father cheated on me so I moved back home. It was horrible and so that was hard watching your mom die in front of you when if your cancer comes back your going the same way pretty much. But my mother was the strongest person I’ve ever met. So I do go on but your subconscious can beat you up! Any words of wisdom?

1 Like

Hi everyone… My name is Lyndsey from Canada. I was diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer (Invasive Ductal Carcinomia HER2+) Stage 4 on June 2017. On June 2019, diagnosed with Brain cancer. No cure for 1st Cancer, just monitor thru interveinous every 3wks for life or until stop working 😢. Nothing removed… Wouldn’t help! 2nd Cancer, I had a fall in February 2019 and ended up with Concussion and Whiplash. Headaches/Migraines daily. Physio wasn’t working, I asked for a scan, I knew something was wrong. Sure enough… My gut was right! The Cancer had spread to the base of my Brain and a spot up at the top of head. Radiation to help with pain and hopefully reduce the tumours. It did… So everyday is a Blessing! 🎗️🎗️ I have adapted my name to 🌻Warrior. I’m Strong, No Regrets, Positive Thinking, Positive Attitude and Vibes. Advocate for myself!!! No Pitty… Just kind words to Stay Strong 💪😊🌻🎗️

1 Like

I think your amazingly strong. 😊

You are amazing woman! I love it! I’m no longer wasting my time worrying like I used to. Not to that degree…I still don’t like to go to the Doctors but I’m getting better at that too! Besides, I’m 50 now, it seems like that’s the thing to do! Lolol Everyone I know is always going to some doctor. Whether they got a problem or not.😂🤣😂